This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Blancanieves y los siete enanitos

Today has been broadcasted, in a private Spanish channel, La Sexta, Blancanieves y los siete enanitos (Snow White and the seven dwarfs). This was a private project, leaded by Emilio Aragón -who composed the music- and Ricardo Cué -the choreographer-; Tamara Rojo was casted as Snow White.

The production is good, not very good, but interesting. The dancers are free-lance, they do not belong to a company, so the difference of style is remarkable. Tamara Rojo was, as always, astonishing, musically and technically, and she made a fouettés series (two simples, one double) with no hesitation. The choreography was not very original (a little bit of Petipá here, a little bit of Nureyev there), and the music deserves an A minus. The main theme remains in ypur mind for a day or two, and that is not easy.

Recently a DVD from Deutsche Grammophon has been released. You must watch it!

Blancanieves ballet

Music and direction: Emilio Aragón

Choreography, libretto and artistic directio: Ricardo Cué

Assistant Choregrapher: Santiago de la Quintana

Photography director: David Arribas

Bilbao Orkestra Sinfonikoa, directed by Emilio Aragón

www.universalclassics.com ; www.deutschegrammophon.com/dvd

I fully agree with you Grissi, "Blancanieves" is worth to see Tamara, although it is a nice to see ballet neither the music nor the choreography will remain.

And what is really incredible is that today, the only day all over the year long that we have had the opportunity to watch ballet on TV in Spain we have had two different ballets at the same time :devil: both with Tamara, Snow White and the gala of last Thursday 21 in Fuenlabrada. Again, of course, the worth to see has been Tamara, she has danced a bit of Carmen (Petit) with Lienz Chang and Paquita with Iñaki Urlezaga. I have recorded it and seen a bit, but what I can say is that the corps de ballet was not good at all and that I have liked Giuliano Peparini, Ballet de Marsella and Olga Clavel, Compañía David Campos of Barcelona.

If you want to see two pictures of Tamara in that gala you can click here

Sorry, Joseph, for the delay in answering you. As I have told you in the message, and for everyone who wants to know, this DVD forms part of a collection, 'Lo mejor del Ballet', sent by Planeta De Agostini. You have all the information in its website www.planetadeagostini.es. The prizes are very good, 15 € each DVD, and the first release (RB's The Nutcracker and Blancanieves) 15 € for the two DVD's mentioned.

If you have any problem with Spanish, please let me know.

Sorry, Joseph, for the delay in answering you. As I have told you in the message, and for everyone who wants to know, this DVD forms part of a collection, 'Lo mejor del Ballet', sent by Planeta De Agostini. You have all the information in its website www.planetadeagostini.es. The prizes are very good, 15 € each DVD, and the first release (RB's The Nutcracker and Blancanieves) 15 € for the two DVD's mentioned.

If you have any problem with Spanish, please let me know.

Joseph, depending on where you live and what kind of playback equipment you have, you will need to take into account the format and region coding. I believe you can watch most DVDs on a PC, going beyond that becomes a bit more complicated. For instance Nero will do a format (PAL/NTSC) conversion, but in my experience it balks at touching encrypted (Copyright) discs. But my version is 6.0 and a newer one may be more tolerant.