This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Great Partnerships

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

How I wish I could have seen them dance. They dance so beautifully together - so serious, so sincere.  In the service of their art completely.   

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

From what I've read thru the years...some of them...

Kschessinskaya/Gerdt
Karsavina/Nijinsky
Markova/Dolin
Alonso/Youskevitch
Danilova/Franklin
Dudinskaya/Sergueev
Fonteyn/Nureyev. .
Tallchief/Eglevsky
Maximova/Vasiliev
Kirkland/Baryshnikov
Farrell/Martins

#18 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I re-looked over this thread--I don't think anyone mentioned Fracci-Bruhn. I would add that Makarova also had a very fine partnership with Dowell, though I also loved him with Kirkland and of course (mentioned above) Sibley. He was a great partner!

#19 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I re-looked over this thread--I don't think anyone mentioned Fracci-Bruhn. I would add that Makarova also had a very fine partnership with Dowell, though I also loved him with Kirkland and of course (mentioned above) Sibley. He was a great partner!

I was going to mention Fracci-Bruhn, Drew, but you beat me to it! The early bird catches the worm....

I would also like to underscore Maximova-Vasiliev, Fonteyn-Nureyev, Kirkland-Baryshnikov,and Ferri-Bocca, and today, Vishneva-Gomes. I am surely leaving out names that will come to me in the middle of the night.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a perfect partner could be found for Veronika Part? She is so deserving.

Also, still searching for the perfect partner for David Hallberg....

#20 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

I was going to mention Fracci-Bruhn, Drew, but you beat me to it! The early bird catches the worm....

I would also like to underscore Maximova-Vasiliev, Fonteyn-Nureyev, Kirkland-Baryshnikov,and Ferri-Bocca, and today, Vishneva-Gomes. I am surely leaving out names that will come to me in the middle of the night.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a perfect partner could be found for Veronika Part? She is so deserving.

Also, still searching for the perfect partner for David Hallberg....

Not perfect, but I think Osipova Hallberg is plenty exciting. What keeps it from the pantheon is how little they dance together--a partnership needs nurturing.

I am sad to say that though I have seen Vishneva and seen Gomez, I have never seen them dance together.

#21 lmspear

lmspear

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

Tallchief/Eglevsky

#22 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Jaffe/Carreno

#23 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Tiler Peck/Robert Fairchild

Diana Vishneva/Marcelo Gomes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):