This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Great Partnerships

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 KarenAG

KarenAG

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

How I wish I could have seen them dance. They dance so beautifully together - so serious, so sincere.  In the service of their art completely.   

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

From what I've read thru the years...some of them...

Kschessinskaya/Gerdt
Karsavina/Nijinsky
Markova/Dolin
Alonso/Youskevitch
Danilova/Franklin
Dudinskaya/Sergueev
Fonteyn/Nureyev. .
Tallchief/Eglevsky
Maximova/Vasiliev
Kirkland/Baryshnikov
Farrell/Martins

#18 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I re-looked over this thread--I don't think anyone mentioned Fracci-Bruhn. I would add that Makarova also had a very fine partnership with Dowell, though I also loved him with Kirkland and of course (mentioned above) Sibley. He was a great partner!

#19 angelica

angelica

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I re-looked over this thread--I don't think anyone mentioned Fracci-Bruhn. I would add that Makarova also had a very fine partnership with Dowell, though I also loved him with Kirkland and of course (mentioned above) Sibley. He was a great partner!

I was going to mention Fracci-Bruhn, Drew, but you beat me to it! The early bird catches the worm....

I would also like to underscore Maximova-Vasiliev, Fonteyn-Nureyev, Kirkland-Baryshnikov,and Ferri-Bocca, and today, Vishneva-Gomes. I am surely leaving out names that will come to me in the middle of the night.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a perfect partner could be found for Veronika Part? She is so deserving.

Also, still searching for the perfect partner for David Hallberg....

#20 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

I was going to mention Fracci-Bruhn, Drew, but you beat me to it! The early bird catches the worm....

I would also like to underscore Maximova-Vasiliev, Fonteyn-Nureyev, Kirkland-Baryshnikov,and Ferri-Bocca, and today, Vishneva-Gomes. I am surely leaving out names that will come to me in the middle of the night.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a perfect partner could be found for Veronika Part? She is so deserving.

Also, still searching for the perfect partner for David Hallberg....

Not perfect, but I think Osipova Hallberg is plenty exciting. What keeps it from the pantheon is how little they dance together--a partnership needs nurturing.

I am sad to say that though I have seen Vishneva and seen Gomez, I have never seen them dance together.

#21 lmspear

lmspear

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

Tallchief/Eglevsky

#22 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Jaffe/Carreno

#23 canbelto

canbelto

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Tiler Peck/Robert Fairchild

Diana Vishneva/Marcelo Gomes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):