This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

How Far To Travel

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:20 AM

Over the last couple of years, my husband has pretty consistently been able to book the Waldorf-Astoria for something like $130 or $140 on Hotwire. He's able now to pick out the description pretty reliably. Not in the budget range, of course, but a very good price on a very nice hotel.

#32 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

Better Bidding is invaluable to try and decipher Hotwire.

From http://www.betterbid...p?showtopic=88

New York City (Midtown East)
4.5* Waldorf-Astoria
Customer Favorite
Amenities- Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center

They've had the Waldorf Hilton in London for as low as $109/night as well in winter. A complete steal.

#33 fadedhour

fadedhour

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :jawdrop:

#34 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :shake:

Be sure to report on your trip when you get back!

#35 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

Be sure to report on your trip when you get back!

Or sooner, if feasible. :shake:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):