This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

How Far To Travel

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:20 AM

Over the last couple of years, my husband has pretty consistently been able to book the Waldorf-Astoria for something like $130 or $140 on Hotwire. He's able now to pick out the description pretty reliably. Not in the budget range, of course, but a very good price on a very nice hotel.

#32 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

Better Bidding is invaluable to try and decipher Hotwire.

From http://www.betterbid...p?showtopic=88

New York City (Midtown East)
4.5* Waldorf-Astoria
Customer Favorite
Amenities- Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center

They've had the Waldorf Hilton in London for as low as $109/night as well in winter. A complete steal.

#33 fadedhour

fadedhour

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :jawdrop:

#34 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :shake:

Be sure to report on your trip when you get back!

#35 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:04 PM

Be sure to report on your trip when you get back!

Or sooner, if feasible. :shake:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):