This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

How Far To Travel

Leigh, I managed to get the Hudson Hotel for $123 (for the 22nd, the Friday before Xmas) on Priceline. I haven't been there yet, but it looks like the amenities are all there but the rooms are postage stamp sized.

This was my first time using Priceline and I probably wouldn't have doen it without your endorsement.

Priceline - the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. If you followed the Priceline forums (yup, they're out there) it was often done. I don't think it still goes for that rate, alas.

Ha, I was driving around Jersey City last night, soooort of lost. But I went by the Hyatt Regency and thought

"this looks pretty nice". And the PATH into Manhattan ; and as Cabro notes , it's a fast pretty quick. I use the PATH a lot these days to get into Manhattan from NJ.

Further notes for people trying to come to NYC - I'm seeing decent (for NYC) deals at travelzoo.com - usually involving discounts on better properties (range $150-200/night) rather than budget accommodation. If nothing else, it gives you a baseline to try and beat via Priceline (my rule of thumb there - I'd have to save at least 25% - more like 40% and up preerably - to give up choice in accommodations)

Over the last couple of years, my husband has pretty consistently been able to book the Waldorf-Astoria for something like $130 or $140 on Hotwire. He's able now to pick out the description pretty reliably. Not in the budget range, of course, but a very good price on a very nice hotel.

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :jawdrop:

I'll be going to Germany at the end of the month to see the Hamburg Ballet. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing--I was able to find cheap plane tickets and I know someone I can stay with, so everything just sort of worked out. I'll be seeing three ballets (Nijinsky twice and Saint Matthew Passion). I haven't done much overseas travel so I'm really excited :shake:

Be sure to report on your trip when you get back!