POB Giselle 2006-7 Season

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

Does anyone know the casting for POB's Giselles in December 2006? The Paris Opera website of course does not give any information; however, Manuel Legris's site says he and Delphine Moussin are dancing on Dec 9, 12, and 16, which suggests that the casting is already known (at least to the dancers).

#2 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

Well, I have no idea... And sometimes one has to be careful with the information given on dancers' web sites, as it can change (especially if there are injuries).

#3 Azulynn

Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:58 AM

Actually, the casting is up on the POB website : see here.
The casting for Coppelia is also given, and it's here.
The company is making progress... :)

#4 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:41 AM

There's also casting for the New Year's Eve performance of Coppelia here.

#5 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:22 PM

Azulynn, a million thanks!!! Now I can plan my trip. :angel_not:
Just for the future reference: is there any way to get to these pages
by following links from the main POB pages such as "calendar"
or "season 2006-2007"?

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,219 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

If you click on "Ballets," there will be a list of the season's ballets. After you click on an individual ballet, if there's a graphic with two ballet shoes and the word "Distribution" to the left of the information about the ballet, a cast list will appear if you click it. If this graphic isn't on the page, the casting hasn't been posted yet.

#7 Ilya

Ilya

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

Thanks!!!

#8 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

It is interesting to notice that on Dec 10, Laurent Hilaire will be dancing Albrecht (partnering Aurélie Dupont, with also Wilfried Romoli as Hilarion and Marie-Agnes Gillot as Myrtha). Hilaire officially retired some time ago and now is one of the ballet masters of the company, so opportunities to see him on stage are a rare event- I wonder if it will be a sort of farewell performance ? (Patrice Bart, the current ballet master in chief, had retired in the early 1980s before the age limit to become a ballet master, but still had done a farewell performance a few years later- I think it was in "Petrouchka").

It also is interesting to notice that Laetitia Pujol will be back on stage (she had been absent for some months because of maternity leave).

#9 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:07 PM

Just a quick hello to Ilya -- it's great to read you again! I hope you stick around for awhile :)

#10 Azulynn

Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:10 AM

Just in case this is of interest to someone, the casting has been updated. Delphine Moussin has pulled off all her scheduled performances ; she's replaced in Giselle by Mélanie Hurel or Aurélie Dupont.
There has been a lot of changes as well for Myrtha ; Abbagnato and Romberg won't dance it at the beginning of the run, they're replaced by Laura Hecquet (it should be a very interesting debut), Emilie Cozette, Béatrice Martel or Aurélia Bellet.

#11 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

Just in case this is of interest to someone, the casting has been updated. Delphine Moussin has pulled off all her scheduled performances ; she's replaced in Giselle by Mélanie Hurel or Aurélie Dupont.
There has been a lot of changes as well for Myrtha ; Abbagnato and Romberg won't dance it at the beginning of the run, they're replaced by Laura Hecquet (it should be a very interesting debut), Emilie Cozette, Béatrice Martel or Aurélia Bellet.

I hope you wil share your impressions of the production with us, Azulynn. Those of us far from Paris have to live vicariously through posters like you.

#12 nikiya79

nikiya79

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

I'll be in Paris for Christmas (yay!!!!) and can either see Letestu or Osta. Any suggestions? I'm so excited!!!

#13 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hi, nikiya79.

I'm expect some of the members who are familiar with the dancers will offer their suggestions, but in the meantime, if you browse through the many posts in the POB forum, you'll find lots of opinions by many different posters. Of course, it all comes down to a matter of taste.

I'm glad you found your way to BalletTalk. Please tell us a bit about yourself in our Welcome Forum.

And of course, we'll look for your review after (or during?) your Paris trip.

#14 Azulynn

Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

Nikiya, I would definitely advise you to see Clairemarie Osta. She's been getting better and better recently (she was a truly memorable Dame aux Camélias), and she's petite and light, right for Giselle. She's never danced the ballet in Paris but she did it on tour. Generally speaking she's an excellent actress as well. Agnès Letestu is a great dancer, but Giselle doesn't fit her ; she's very tall, and IMO does not have the lightness one would expect in the second act. Apparently though she has a very personal take on the part, but if you're only going to see one performance, Osta is a great choice.

Beware : the performances are already sold out both on Internet and at the box-office, and it will be extremely hard to get tickets if you haven't already.

#15 nikiya79

nikiya79

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:21 AM

Any ideas as to how to get some tickets if they are sold out? In NYC patrons return tickets to the box office if they aren't able to attend. Does this happen in Paris?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):