This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hi, Everyone - Newbie (to BalletTalk)Atlanta Choreographer and Teacher

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kristynilsson

kristynilsson

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

Hi, everyone -

We're newbies here. I'm a teacher and choreographer based in Atlanta. I trained in Houston and at Atlanta Ballet, and danced with Atlanta and Charleston Ballet. I teach very-full-time and choreograph, mostly for SERBA companies - but I set a piece on the professional Georgia Ballet this spring. My husband danced years ago - training mostly with Ann Brodie at Columbia City Ballet, and danced with Atlanta Ballet, Indianapolis Ballet and with pick-up companies in NY (he had an injury that stopped his career at 21).

We're looking forward to getting to know the other dance people here - the forums look great. It's wonderful to be able to communicate so easily with dancers from all over the rest of the country and world.

Happy Sunday, all -

~ Kristy Nilsson

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hello again, Kristy and Scott. I'm the "The Welcome Lady" on both of Ballet Talks' sites. You'll enjoy both our sites; this one is for ballet fans and has an entirely different flavor than Ballet Talk for Dancers. Hope you'll contribute to discussions on both boards.

Giannina

#3 kristynilsson

kristynilsson

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

We'll be happy to post on both, thank you. And thank you for better-defining the difference between the two sites, it's very helpful. I had just spent a few minutes verifying that they were, in fact, different sites - it makes a lot more sense now. I'm preparing a post for the teaching forum on the other site (and know not to post it here now, thank you!).

Wishing you a great Sunday night and week -

Kristy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):