Ashton's "Cinderella"October 4-15, 2006 in the Auditorium Theatre

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 MAK

MAK

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

DId anyone see Juliane Kepley dance Cinderella? i rememebr her from the Atlanta Ballet and was just wondering how she's doing?
Thanx

#17 motwins8391

motwins8391

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

DId anyone see Juliane Kepley dance Cinderella? i rememebr her from the Atlanta Ballet and was just wondering how she's doing?
Thanx

Yes. In fact she danced both the Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother roles.

She was the Fairy Godmother on opening night (didn't see that particular performance) and in two subsequent performances, and she was fabulous! There's one bit during the end of Act 1 when she moves, in fast tempo, across stage on a diagonal, then stops on a dime in a penche arabesque en pointe (pointing her wand downward). Her control was amazing.

She was equally exciting as Cinderella -- just a joy to watch. I loved her spunk and energy in that role, (which must be very physically demanding). We were sitting close that night and her chemistry with prince Michael Levine made for some tender moments in Acts 2 and 3.

#18 MAK

MAK

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:34 AM

Thanx for the info. It's nice to know she's dancing well there. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):