This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Amazon Mini-Store Link(Feedback Requested)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 AG

AG

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

I love the idea--I've ordered a bunch that have been discussed here, and this does eliminate some searching--and it's easy to see when I check for new posts. (One can get back to Amazon's home page by clicking on their logo at the bottom of the mini-store listings.)

Question, though--does BT benefit from clicking on the mini-store like it does when one clicks on the Amazon bannerhead at the top? I would like my shopping to benefit BT whether or not it's a ballet-related item I'm looking to purchase.

#17 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

Question, though--does BT benefit from clicking on the mini-store like it does when one clicks on the Amazon bannerhead at the top?

Yes, it does. Unfortunately, if you want to buy something other than what's in the mini-store, you have to use the search box next to the logo for sales to be attributed to BT.

Just be careful not to place two separate orders if you want the free shipping option and two separate items don't add to the minimum purchase needed to qualify.

#18 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

:wink: Clicking on the box isn't enough? I always click on the box to enter Amazon, but haven't ever initiated a search from it. :huh:

#19 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

the little store is . well, I nearly said "cool,' but the phrase is something musty.

But WOW! the dvds that pop up are very appealing, and the prices are great. In n Out!

#20 tylerls

tylerls

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:15 AM

Unfortunately, if you want to buy something other than what's in the mini-store, you have to use the search box next to the logo for sales to be attributed to BT.

Looking at the aStores review I quoted earlier, when I originally suggested you could make one of them for BalletTalk:

review of Amazon aStores

you can see they managed to add a search box to their example store:

Reviewer's example aStore

I think it's something to do with "adding categories". (See the review.)

The reviewer's store seems to be narrowing down the categories of search you can do to fairly specific things ("Dead Trees", "Movies for Geeks", etc.) but it seems you can also make broad search categories ("DVDs", "VHS", "Books", "CDs", etc.) judging by this randomly selected aStore:

Another example aStore

For example, I think you can configure fairly restrictive categories to search such as "Balanchine", and/or you can have broad, flexible categories such as "DVDs". Whatever seems suitable.

I'd start off with some broad categories, and perhaps add some more focussed categories ("American Ballet Theatre DVDs"? "Paris Opera Ballet DVDs"? "Ballet Biographies"?) to give people ideas, beyond the nine featured items.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

Thanks to tylers's suggestion, I reinstated the search box, which I somehow disabled when I first set this up. (It did seem like an odd business model to restrict sales to nine items, even though that is a bit like the impulse purchase gum display on the supermarket checkout line, in which sales are diminished when there are too many choices.)

The choices are to search by categories, and the results will be added to the mini-store shopping basket, or if you want to buy things in the categories that aren't searchable -- lathes, bath salts, granola bars -- there's a "Go to Amazon.com" link that will navigate you to the main store, with the BT purchase code passed along to the amazon.com site.

#22 Cliff

Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

A question not specifically about the the mini-store. To save on shipping, I accumulate items in the shopping cart until $25 is reached and then place the order. Does BT still get the credit for saved items if Amazon.com is always entered through BT?

#23 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

A question not specifically about the the mini-store. To save on shipping, I accumulate items in the shopping cart until $25 is reached and then place the order. Does BT still get the credit for saved items if Amazon.com is always entered through BT?

As long as you navigate to the amazon.com site using the search box next to the logo or the mini-store, and, stay within the same browser session, the Ballet Talk code is retained with the order, and BT gets credit for the purchase.

#24 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

I really wish BT still had an option to get straight to Amazon. With that it would recognize me and have my address book and record of purchases, so that I used to be able to buy gifts while crediting BT. But I cannot find a way to do this anymore.

#25 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:53 PM

It's still there, where it always was! You probably have to log in separately, but when I just clicked the Amazon logo on the banner, it tried to sell me underwear, which, I assure you, is not in our mini-store!

If you go into the mini-store to shop, and then you want to buy other items, you can scroll to the foot of BT's mini-store page and click on the Amazon logo there. You're in the middle of the main floor, instead of the little boutique.

#26 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:26 AM

It's still there, where it always was! You probably have to log in separately, but when I just clicked the Amazon logo on the banner, it tried to sell me underwear, which, I assure you, is not in our mini-store!

This logo is what went away when the ministore went up (probably the combo of Internet Explorer and Security I've got, that once created this problem before).

But fortunately the suggestion below got me through. I'd never thought to scroll down to find a better way in. Now I can do my Christmas and Birthday shopping in good conscience! Thanks Carbro!!!

If you go into the mini-store to shop, and then you want to buy other items, you can scroll to the foot of BT's mini-store page and click on the Amazon logo there. You're in the middle of the main floor, instead of the little boutique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):