This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov - North American Tour, Autumn 2006Orange Cty., Chicago, Ottawa, Boston

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:47 AM

In Orange County's (Costa Mesa) season announcement release, the Kirov blurb stated that casting was to include "Diana Vishneva, Uliana Lopatkina, Andrian Fateev, Elena Vostrotina, Olga Esina, Alina Somova, Olesia Novikova and Natalia Sologub" - and that was for the Romeo & Juliet and Swan Lake run. Looks like, from schedules elsewhere, that Costa Mesa is the first stop on the tour so this might indicate who is initially scheduled to travel with the tour.

Of cousre we all know this can change, and there is no indication anywhere else in the release who is dancing what, but hopefully this means that if Lopatkina is traveling, she will get at least one Swan Lake.

#17 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

I was really impressed with Olga Esina as Lilac Fairy in Sleeping Beauty, so I'd love to see her in Boston.

#18 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:18 PM

According to Diana Vishneva's site:

Nov 12 2006 Boston (USA): Mariinsky (The Waug Center) Swan Lake
Nov 1 2006 Chicago (USA): Mariinsky (Audit. Theatre) Swan Lake
Oct 28 2006 Ottawa (Canada): Mariinsky (Nat.Arts Centre) Swan Lake
Oct 22 2006 Costa Mesa (USA): Mariinsky (Orange County) Swan Lake
Oct 17 2006 Costa Mesa (USA): Mariinsky (Orange County) Romeo & Juliet

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:48 AM

Dale, sorry to report that Yesina is no longer with the Kirov. She's in Bordeaux, France, now.

#20 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

Found more casting details in a new press release for the Orange County engagement... no specific dates, but at least all the ballerinas are named - it'll be a cast change at each performance. This will surely be wreaking havoc on my wallet!

Relevant portions, excerpted from the release:

For performances Oct 17-19 (R&J) - "The cast of Romeo and Juliet will include Diana Vishneva, Irina Golub, Yevgenia Obraztsova, Andrian Fadeev and Igor Kolb."

For performances Oct 20-22 (Swan Lake) - "The cast of Swan Lake will feature Uliana Lopatkina, Diana Vishneva, Victoria Tereshkina, Alina Somova, Igor Zelensky, Danila Korsuntsev, Igor Kolb and Andrian Fadeev."

That's 7 distinct pairings. Now to wait and see when specifically they will be cast!

http://www.ocpac.org...ssReleaseID=516

#21 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

For performances Oct 17-19 (R&J) - "The cast of Romeo and Juliet will include Diana Vishneva, Irina Golub, Yevgenia Obraztsova, Andrian Fadeev and Igor Kolb."

For performances Oct 20-22 (Swan Lake) - "The cast of Swan Lake will feature Uliana Lopatkina, Diana Vishneva, Victoria Tereshkina, Alina Somova, Igor Zelensky, Danila Korsuntsev, Igor Kolb and Andrian Fadeev."

Diana Vishneva's site lists her dates as the 17th and 22nd.

#22 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

That's 7 distinct pairings. Now to wait and see when specifically they will be cast!

http://www.ocpac.org...ssReleaseID=516

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!!!!!!

I'm taking a weekend trip to Chicago so hopefully I'll catch Lopatkina and Tereshkina in Swan Lake, but I sure am jealous of you getting to see Obraztsova in R&J.

Can't wait to hear your impressions...

Susan

#23 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:16 AM

Ardani Artists has listed provisional casting for the entire North American tour on their website. There is a discrepancy between one of the dates Vishneva has listed on her website (her website says she's dancing in Boston on 11/12, Ardani & Pavlenko's website both give that performance to Pavlenko and list Vishneva for 11/10). Here's the link:

http://www.ardani.co...skybtouring.htm

#24 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Hooray! It's nice to have full casting.

But Pavlenko is skipping California again!! She ditched (at the last minute), the Hollywood-Orange County Bayadere/Jewels tour in 2002, mysteriously disappeared for the LA Sleeping Beauty tour in 2004, and now she's not doing the OC leg of the run. The rest of you are very lucky to see her Swan Lake.

But not that I'm complaining about the rest of the casts...

#25 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

Hooray! It's nice to have full casting.

But Pavlenko is skipping California again!! She ditched (at the last minute), the Hollywood-Orange County Bayadere/Jewels tour in 2002, mysteriously disappeared for the LA Sleeping Beauty tour in 2004, and now she's not doing the OC leg of the run. The rest of you are very lucky to see her Swan Lake.

But not that I'm complaining about the rest of the casts...

It would be great that dancers, be they principals of the Mariinsky, were able to choose when and where to perform before their numerous admirers. Regret it or not but this is still not the case.
I understand your disappointment, art076, but could you please keep in mind that Pavlenko hasn't "ditched" or "skipped" anything. And disappearing in a mysterious matter from preliminary cast lists isn't really her forte either.
If she is not appearing again in California, than that's entirely due to the decision of her director and/or the tour impresario.
Enjoy the Mariinsky!

#26 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Sorry - should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't mean to imply that she herself left the shows, but wanted to illustrate how her name suddenly came off the cast lists each time she was scheduled to appear here. For the 2003 Bayadere/Jewels performances, she chose at the last minute to guest with The Royal Ballet in London as a replacement for an injured Darcey Bussell.

#27 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Sorry - should have chosen my words more carefully. I didn't mean to imply that she herself left the shows, but wanted to illustrate how her name suddenly came off the cast lists each time she was scheduled to appear here. For the 2003 Bayadere/Jewels performances, she chose at the last minute to guest with The Royal Ballet in London as a replacement for an injured Darcey Bussell.

Again, art076, Pavlenko herself didn't chose at the last minute to guest with The Royal Ballet in London. The management of the Royal Ballet invited her to replace another guest who turned out to be unavailable. It's once more a reminder of how unreliable these preliminary casts are. It's not the dancers doing. Of course, as you'll understand, such an invitation was an offer she couldn't possibly refuse...

#28 WindFlyer

WindFlyer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

Ardani Artists has listed provisional casting for the entire North American tour on their website...

Thanks for the link.

I can now book my trip to SoCal knowing who I'm likely to see :)

#29 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

For those of you who have not gotten tickets for Swan Lake yet, I would do so soon.
My visit today to the OCPAC ticket office showed that most orchestra and first tier tickets were sold for all performances. There were only a handful of scattered seats on the sides, and not many of those. I didn't check availability for 2nd tier or above. But it looks like sales are extremely strong.

#30 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

Ardani Artists has updated the casting here:

http://www.ardani.co...skybtouring.htm

Vishneva's website had listed her for the 11/12 matinee in Boston but it has been changed and now agrees with the Ardani site which lists Pavlenko for that performance and Vishneva for the 11/10 Friday night performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):