Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:49 PM
Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:51 PM
Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:33 PM
Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:23 PM
Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:45 PM
A number of knowledgeable posters have referred to Ballet Review. I've checked their web page and cllick everywhere, but nothing seems to happen. They do give a Manhattan phone number. Can someone give me an idea of what a typical issue is like?
Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:18 PM
1. Reviews from Berlin, Boston, Philadelphia, Hamburg, Seattle, Chicago, Chemnitz
2. "The Ashton Centennial at Covent Garden" (Leigh Witchel)
3. "Graham's Mentor" (Jane Sherman) on Ted Shawn
4. "A Conversation with Aurélie Dupont" (Daniel Gesmer)
5. "Ballets Russes, the Movie" (Leland Windreich)
6. "Montpelier at 25" (Sandra Genter)
7. "Unforgettable" (Max Lindsay Whitcomb) -- an short essay on a photo of Darci Kistler and Sebastién Marcovici in Balanchine's Movements for Orchestra
8. "An Unsettled Marriage: The Merger of SAB and Jullliard" (Joseph W. Polisi)
9. "London Reporter" (Clement Crisp)
10. "Music on Disc" (George Dorris)
11. "Check It Out"
Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:40 PM
I write for them, and am proud to, and it's a wonderful magazine, but they're not really running a business.
On the other hand , that's what makes it so good: it's actually scholarly (and the issues always arrive in the mail just fine). BR is a quarterly, 4 issues for 23 dollars: send a check to
37 West 12th St, # 7J,
Ny Ny 10011
or (it says on the inside cover) fax VISA and MC orders to  924-2176.
Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:02 PM
Alexandra has spared DanceView subscribers the inconvenience by posting the rates to different regions.
Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:52 AM
The check is in the mail -- or will be soon!
Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:46 AM
If they ran a business, they'd sell back issues, and then I wouldn't be able to afford ballet tickets for awhile.
it's a wonderful magazine, but they're not really running a business.
Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:12 PM
I think it´s a good magazine if you want to look at reviews, now i made a subscription on Pointe magazine and can´t wait for it to arrive on my doorstep
Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:05 PM
Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:23 PM
Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:52 PM
However, I did enjoy the interviews, and I very much like the concept of Ballet Review.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):