Molly Smolen to join as Principal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dufay

dufay

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

Official from the "Main Line Times" (Molly trained outside Phila, in the "Main Line"):

http://www.zwire.com..._id=43786&rfi=8

#2 Whitney

Whitney

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

That's great news!!!! From time to time Molly still takes class at the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet and I've been lucky enough to have taken classes with her. I can personally say she is a beautiful dancer.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

I am glad that another married couple is reunited to dance in the same city!

#4 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

So am I! I've actually been quite worried about them. I've noticed that Molly has been freelancing here and there since her and Tiit's move from England, and wondered if SFB would offer her a contract anytime soon. I am very happy that has happened!

My daughter met them when she was dancing with the Estonian National Ballet 2 years ago and they were guesting in Giselle and Sleeping Beauty (they used to be principals there). She told me that Molly Smolen was extraordinary in every way. She, too, had a certain chemistry with her husband onstage. I wish I could see them in San Francisco. I hope they will have a chance to be partners again.

#5 Renata

Renata

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

I saw Molly dance with the Birmingham Royal at Lincoln Center. She was amazing. I have also seen her dance on other occasions, and she is a multi-faceted dancer. It is wonderful that she will be with San Francisco Ballet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):