This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Veronika Part

bart

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Barker may be tall but her tenure has not been a bed of roses thus far. Hopefully, Part’s hiring will be seen as a positive by the many complainers, including the remaining veteran dancers in the RNZB.

https://www.dancemagazine.com/patricia-barker-royal-zealand-rumors-2521861219.html

Very interesting article, CharlieH. The old ABT issue of ingrown talent vs outside hirings seems to weigh in this case. I hope Part doesn't get to be seen as one of those who , according to some views, come from the outside to steal spots more deserving of local talent. I wish her luck.

“Renowned dancer, Veronika Part, also joins the cast of over twenty dancers from around the world.”  I’ve seen Veronika Part given some rather bad roles, but this one remains an unknown.

The entire email announcement from the Segerstom Theater, Costa Mesa, California.

“The remarkable life of modern dance revolutionary Isadora Duncan is truly one for the stage. A California native, she left America in the late 1890s to find great acclaim in Europe and Russia as her new dance vocabulary enraptured audiences.

“Royal Ballet principal dancer, Natalia Osipova, stars in the dramatic title role. “Osipova has become a startlingly singular artist,” praised The New York Times. Renowned dancer, Veronika Part, also joins the cast of over twenty dancers from around the world. This new work will offer choreography by Vladimir Varnava of the Mariinsky Theatre and will be set to Sergei Prokofiev’s Cinderella, performed by the Mikhailovsky Orchestra of St. Petersburg.”

The New Zealand gig appears to have been temporary. Part is not on the active dancer roster, yet their main season is in full swing (with the reversed seasons downunder). This explains her availability for the Osipova-Isadora event. I’m wondering if Part’s fellow 1996 graduate at the Vaganova Acad, Daria Pavlenko, might also be able to take part in these special Ardani events & tours as a freelancer (in the future, of crs)? 

Edited by CharlieH

From Atlanta Ballet:

Atlanta Ballet is thrilled to welcome Rory Hohenstein and Veronika Part to its artistic staff as Company ballet masters.

“I saw both Rory and Veronika perform throughout their careers and have always been impressed by and fond of their talent and artistry,” says Atlanta Ballet Artistic Director Gennadi Nedvigin. “We are very lucky to have these two artists here to pass on their knowledge to the next generation of Atlanta Ballet dancers.”

Hohenstein recently announced his retirement from Joffrey Ballet, where he has danced as a leading artist since 2011. He has also performed with companies such as Jeune Ballet de France, San Francisco Ballet, Wheeldon’s Morphoses and Lar Lubovitch Dance Company.

“I have known Rory for many years, dating back to his days as a young, enormously talented dancer at San Francisco Ballet,” says Joffrey Ballet Artistic Director Ashley Wheater. “He is a consummate artist, respected and loved by everyone, including our audiences. All of us at the Joffrey will miss him immensely, but we are thrilled for his new role as ballet master with Atlanta Ballet. His leadership and exceptional knowledge of the art form promises to enrich the lives of so many people. We congratulate Rory on the next chapter of his prestigious career.”

Part began her career with Mariinsky Theatre and later joined American Ballet Theatre. She retired as a principal dancer from ABT one year ago, and has since taught in many schools around the United States.

( Here’s the full link: https://www.atlantaballet.com/news/introducing-new-ballet-masters )

Thanks, Syzygy. This seems to be good news. I happened to notice CharlieH's post above which reminded me of something. He mentions her availability for Natalia Osipova's Isadora. I did come across a video clip and although Veronika Part's 'part' wasn't the greatest, which I'd noticed in another work at ABT, she still exhibited her basic brilliance. I'll keep saying that I hope she somehow keeps on dancing. 

On 8/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, Syzygy said:

From Atlanta Ballet:

Atlanta Ballet is thrilled to welcome Rory Hohenstein and Veronika Part to its artistic staff as Company ballet masters.

“I saw both Rory and Veronika perform throughout their careers and have always been impressed by and fond of their talent and artistry,” says Atlanta Ballet Artistic Director Gennadi Nedvigin. “We are very lucky to have these two artists here to pass on their knowledge to the next generation of Atlanta Ballet dancers.”

Hohenstein recently announced his retirement from Joffrey Ballet, where he has danced as a leading artist since 2011. He has also performed with companies such as Jeune Ballet de France, San Francisco Ballet, Wheeldon’s Morphoses and Lar Lubovitch Dance Company.

“I have known Rory for many years, dating back to his days as a young, enormously talented dancer at San Francisco Ballet,” says Joffrey Ballet Artistic Director Ashley Wheater. “He is a consummate artist, respected and loved by everyone, including our audiences. All of us at the Joffrey will miss him immensely, but we are thrilled for his new role as ballet master with Atlanta Ballet. His leadership and exceptional knowledge of the art form promises to enrich the lives of so many people. We congratulate Rory on the next chapter of his prestigious career.”

Part began her career with Mariinsky Theatre and later joined American Ballet Theatre. She retired as a principal dancer from ABT one year ago, and has since taught in many schools around the United States.

( Here’s the full link: https://www.atlantaballet.com/news/introducing-new-ballet-masters )

Thank you for posting this news. (It was also posted under Atlanta Ballet plus a couple of responses there.)

Edited by Drew