This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Post6/21/06

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

I made my first post today, thinking about the various logistics of opening a school. Perhaps not of much interest to many on here, but I intend to follow it up soon with one about port de bras and Úpaulement, as we've been discussing that so much on the board lately.

http://ballettalk.in...hp?showentry=39

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

It's not just a new POST. It's a new BLOG!!!!! Good for you, Hans. I look forward to reading more about technique, style and all thle fine points -- and I hope you get your school in Baltimore. This sounds like a realizable (word?) dream.

#3 omshanti

omshanti

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

Wow Hans! The school sounds great. I really hope it goes well with the school. You are my favorite teacher in ballet talk Hans. Reading your posts I feel that you are the kind of teacher who is really there for the students and ballet itself rather than for the display of ego or business , which I think is very important and quite rare.

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

Merde! Hans.

Hope it goes well.

What by the way do you mean by French petit allegro?

#5 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

Thank you all very much--I'm thrilled to see such positive responses to my writing! :)

Paul, when I mentioned a "French accent" in the petit allegro, I mostly meant I would like to get the students moving faster a little bit sooner than normally occurs in the Vaganova syllabus and also to use more unusual combinations/steps than one generally sees in a Russian-style class. (I don't intend any disrespect to Vaganova teachers or Russians with that statement.)

I would not intend to slavishly follow any one syllabus, nor would I market myself as a "Vaganova" teacher, as that would be a blatant lie. But I do try to base my teaching on what I know of Vaganova principles, and I was heavily influenced by my time at KAB (I also learned a bit about POB training while in Switzerland).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):