4 replies to this topic

#1 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

I made my first post today, thinking about the various logistics of opening a school. Perhaps not of much interest to many on here, but I intend to follow it up soon with one about port de bras and Úpaulement, as we've been discussing that so much on the board lately.

http://ballettalk.in...hp?showentry=39

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,248 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

It's not just a new POST. It's a new BLOG!!!!! Good for you, Hans. I look forward to reading more about technique, style and all thle fine points -- and I hope you get your school in Baltimore. This sounds like a realizable (word?) dream.

#3 omshanti

omshanti

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

Wow Hans! The school sounds great. I really hope it goes well with the school. You are my favorite teacher in ballet talk Hans. Reading your posts I feel that you are the kind of teacher who is really there for the students and ballet itself rather than for the display of ego or business , which I think is very important and quite rare.

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

Merde! Hans.

Hope it goes well.

What by the way do you mean by French petit allegro?

#5 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

Thank you all very much--I'm thrilled to see such positive responses to my writing! :)

Paul, when I mentioned a "French accent" in the petit allegro, I mostly meant I would like to get the students moving faster a little bit sooner than normally occurs in the Vaganova syllabus and also to use more unusual combinations/steps than one generally sees in a Russian-style class. (I don't intend any disrespect to Vaganova teachers or Russians with that statement.)

I would not intend to slavishly follow any one syllabus, nor would I market myself as a "Vaganova" teacher, as that would be a blatant lie. But I do try to base my teaching on what I know of Vaganova principles, and I was heavily influenced by my time at KAB (I also learned a bit about POB training while in Switzerland).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):