This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Partnerships

I just recalled that I was going to add this to the discussion back in July, but didn't --

Does anyone else find it ODD that Peter Martins, who really owes so much to having been hired to be a partner to Suzanne, Farrell and did a really wonderful job of it, has never, never, never truly fostered partnerships in his company?

The only real exception was Heather and Jock, and oh, maybe Darci and Nilas, (which is so totally backwards-Freudian that I could never stomach it). For example, just as Peter Boal and Judith Fugate were beginning to look absolutely superb, despite their age difference, they were split up. Kyra said in her Seminar talk that she can now ask for anyone she wants (until JUNE that is!!), and usually seems to ask for Philip Neal, but that doesn't count.

Well????

I remember Kistler complaining to Dance magazine some years ago that the company wasn't fostering partnerships - don't know if that was before or after she began dancing with Nilas, I think it was after (and I agree, the whole dancing-with-your-mother-in-law thing is a little odd. Some trashy novelist needs to look into the possibilities - "Phaedra in the Fifth Position" or something like that? Please note, everyone, that I don't mean this as private gossip or speculation or as an invitation to same :( ).

I agree, the whole dancing-with-your-mother-in-law thing is a little odd.

Actually, Dirac, she's his step-mother!

After all, as Balanchine is alleged to have said, "There are no mothers-in-law in ballet." Nothing about step-mothers, I believe. As Cinderella found out .... :huh:
I agree, the whole dancing-with-your-mother-in-law thing is a little odd.

Actually, Dirac, she's his step-mother!

After all, as Balanchine is alleged to have said, "There are no mothers-in-law in ballet." Nothing about step-mothers, I believe. As Cinderella found out .... :huh:

Well...technically, he said, "It is very difficult to express, say, 'mother-in-law' using classical mime." Hopefully there won't be any autobiographical Martins Family ballets any time soon....

Is this topic still active? Well in 2012 we have soem new romantic partnerships at the POB,

Jeremie Belingard and Aurelie Dupont ( 2 little boys)

Dorothee Gilbert and Alessio Carbone

Josua Hoffalt and Muriel Zusperrugey

Royal Ballet Alina Cojocaru and Johann Kobborg