This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov's "Giselle" in Washington DC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ceeszi

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

I would love to attend one of the Kirov's performances. If someone could please help me choose:

June 16 - Daria Pavlenko as Giselle, Igor Kolb as Albrecht, and Viktoria Tereshkina as Myrtha

June 17 matinee - Irina Golub, Andrian Fadeyev, and Alina Somova

June 17 evening - Olesya Novikova, Leonid Sarafanov, and Viktoria Tereshkina

June 18 - Daria Pavlenko, Igor Kolb, and Alina Somova

The only dancer that I have ever seen before was Andrian Fadeyev when he danced at the "Stars of the 21st Century" Gala last year with Diana Vishneva and this year with Sofiane Sylve. I am unfamiliar with all of the others. Any help would be appreciated! :devil:

#2 Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:49 PM

I would pick the Pavlenko/Kolb/Tereshkina cast. All three are wonderful, mature artists. If you like hyper-extensions, you might want to go see Alina Somova, because hers are a wonder ; but artistically Tereshkina is much more powerful. Igor Kolb is a very fine noble dancer, IMO. All three Giselles are very interesting, but I think Daria Pavlenko may well be the most accomplished one. I'm not objective though, since I'm a huge fan of her... ;)

#3 Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

I would strongly support the 16th June performance too.

#4 nysusan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:02 AM

Me too on the Pavlenko/Kolb/Tereshkina cast. I always think of Pavlenko as one of my 2 or 3 favorite dancers but, in truth - I've only seen her dance once. I saw her O/O in DC a couple years ago and I was amazed. She has wonderful technque but it was her artistry that blew me away. She is the real deal and I can't wait for her Giselle!

#5 beck_hen

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:54 AM

Reading ballet.co.uk, I've noticed that Pavlenko is a huge favorite with the London audience, perhaps the favorite Kirov dancer. And she is often left out of tours, so this seems like a don't-miss.

#6 Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

I'm seeing the June 17 matinee to catch Fadeyev. Saw Pavlenko a few years ago in La Bayadere and was not impressed. I am looking forward to Osmolkina's Paysan pas de deux, though; she was a lovely Gulnare in Le Corsaire last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):