This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Change in 06-07 season

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:15 AM

.... still breathless about the Joffrey's amazing 'Les Presages,' ....More later...I must gather my thoughts.

I've finally collected my thoughts on the following link. 'Les Presages' was spectacular enough to deserve its own thread, IMO. Hopefully, others who have seen or will see this historic ballet will want to discuss it. There's lots to dissect and ponder.

http://ballettalk.in...showtopic=24234

#32 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

My travel story sits somewhere in the middle -- longer than an hour getting out of the parking garage, but shorter than Leigh's travails.

I was thrilled with the program as a whole, and loved big parts of each of the works performed. I'm trying to write a full review, but my Cliff Notes version is the same as Leigh's -- absolutely worth the trip to see it!

#33 Cliff

Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

The only good reason to park across from the Auditoreum theater is that you're running late. There is a huge underground parking garage (Grant Park?) just a few blocks away and its cheaper.

#34 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

That's the one I was stuck in, Cliff. It was gridlock in there. I heard various stories, most of which suggested that the gates weren't accepting exit cards and the attendants were not taking any initiative to solve the problem -- or maybe didn't know what to do.

I agree with you about the garage across the street, I NEVER go in there. Huge lines always while the attendants retrieve cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):