This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New season announced!

I'm just trying to decide what weekend I want to visit.

So if you could go only for one weekend, when would YOU visit? Some of my consideration will be based on what programs are newsworthy (and therefore pitchable to an editor) - that's probably the new works, particularly the Possokhov or the McGregor because it's not done here.

You realize of course, I'm only visiting so I can get decent sushi and banh mi.

I'm in the same boat as Leigh (except for the editor part :)). Sadly, I didn't get to San Francisco for the ballet this year, due to a couple of converging and eventually postponed events. :devil:

Leigh: tell us what interests you, and I'm sure we can come up with a good rationale for why you should review it.

Honestly each of the mixed rep pairings (1 & 2, 4 & 5, and 6 & 7) has something to offer - I've never seen Julia Adam's work, I'd like to see the new Possokhov, I'm curious about the new McGregor as well as how the company looks in Bintley and Divert. I could see any of them equally unless someone has a particular recommendation. I have a feeling this is going to end up being decided by other considerations (like other schedule obligations or an editor making a request)

After reading Paul Parish's piece, I want to see the Artifact Suite (program 1). I also want to see Don Quixote, which I missed when it was here before. I wonder if they are renting the same costumes as they had before?

Sharon