This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The Great RaceWhat I'm going to do to try and see Alina Cojocaru

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 GoCoyote!

GoCoyote!

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

That's wonderful that you made it, and with 9 long mins to spare, too!

Bizarrely, living and working in London means it can often feel like just as much of a day long mad dash to be able to make the ROH on time (OK, minus the air travel bit).

Anyway, so glad you got to see it. I saw this cast on the opening night and I'm sure they are worth a journey from any corner of the globe. Would love to hear more thoughts on the performance when recovered from the trip.

:speechless-smiley-003:

#17 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Yes, recover, and then share!!!!!
Talk to you when you return and hope the rest of the trip is delightful!!!!

#18 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

richard53dog - am so jealous of the casts you will be seeing as well! Have only made it to one cast this run, unfortunately....

#19 Ceeszi

Ceeszi

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

I know it's not the same with all the air mileage, but I am going to drive 5 hours (New York to DC) just to see Alina on Thursday evening's Sleeping Beauty. I saw her dance before twice. In the Summer of 2004, I saw her in the Voices of Spring Pas de Deux with Johann Kobborg at the Ashton Centennial. Then, in Februray of 2005, she and Johann danced at the Stars of the 21st Century Gala. In that performance they danced to the Act II Pas de Deux from Giselle and the Act III Pas de Deux from Don Quixote. I have been hoping and praying that Alina would return to NYC, but it just hasn't happened.

So, if Mohammed won't go to the mountain .....

I promise to post as soon as I come home on Friday!

#20 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

I am busing from NYC to DC on Thursday. My sister and her nuke family live in the area, and the five of us will see the Beauty. From Ken Ctr, I will board the 12:30 a.m. bus to Amherst (e.t.a., about 9:30 a.m.), for family function over the weekend.

Total time on the bus: +/- 15 hours :yawn: , not including trip back home on Sunday.

I saw Alina and Johan in Giselle in 2002, and Alina's Nikiya opp. Angel Corella with ABT in 2004. My expectations are high.

#21 nysusan

nysusan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:57 AM

I fell in love with Alina the first time I saw her in that ABT Bayadere with Angel. Since then Iíve seen her and Johann at 2 galas ( the Giselle & Don Q pddís at the Stars gala that Ceeszi mentions and the Black Swan pdd at another gala the year before), and in Scenes de Ballet, Cinderella and the Voices of Spring pas de deux with the Royal at the Lincoln Center Ashton celebration.

So Iím off on the Vamoose bus tomorrow morning to catch the Thursday night performance but Iím going to stay for the weekend, and my husband will join me for the Sunday matinee (he loves her, too!). Iím sure she will meet all of our expectations, especially after Natalia raved about her recent Aurora in St. Petersburg. Canít wait!

#22 koshka

koshka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

Anybody up for an Alertnik gathering at either of the matinees this weekend?

I will be at both Sat and Sun..

#23 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:04 PM

Anybody up for an Alertnik gathering at either of the matinees this weekend?

I will be at both Sat and Sun..

Hi,

I'll be down for Saturday night and Sunday matinee.

Richard

#24 Andre Yew

Andre Yew

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

I'll be up for meeting at any of the 3 shows this weekend. Is there a landmark we congregate at?

--Andre

#25 nysusan

nysusan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

I'll be up for meeting at any of the 3 shows this weekend. Is there a landmark we congregate at?

--Andre

On the "Royal Ballet - U.S. Tour?" thread people have posted about meeting during intermissions at the bust of JFK - which is right in front of the entrance to the Opera House. You can't miss it - see you there!

Susan

#26 Charming_Lise

Charming_Lise

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:13 AM

Well done Leigh you did well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):