This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

June 2006 Schedule/Castings, etc.

A lot has changed in the four weeks since the June '06 schedule was posted on the Mariinsky site. I've already mentioned elsewhere the addition of three Swan Lakes starring Lopatkina, early-on in the month...for the purpose of filming the DVD.

An "Irma Nioradze Gala Performance" has been added. Good for her - ignored in the Mariinsky Winter Festivals, she'll at long last have her very own gala during White Nights.

The season's final 'Ondine' will happen on the 10th & not on the 8th. No word yet on who will dance...probably the same Obraztsova/Sarafanov partnership that danced the first four 'Ondines.'

The three Vaganova Academy Graduation Performances have been shifted around, to make room for all of the above. The one that I was to have attended has been dropped...my June trip will be cancelled (for folks who were to have met with me...sorry).

June 11th evening performance of 'Fountains of Bachshiserai' now off the schedule; Fokine mixed bill in its place.

I'll post the full schedule later. In the meantime, go to www.mariinsky.ru