This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Princeton

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dufay

dufay

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Anyone else see the performance on Tues 5/2? After recently reading Jowitt's bio of Robbins, and never having seen it, I was very much looking forward to "Dances at a Gathering". The company was excellent, their joy in dancing evident, very clean. As a work, I thought it overlong, but that was my first impression. One of my favorites- "Stavinsky Violin Concerto" was outstanding. The company seems to take such joy in these performances (unlike, sometimes, a company to the north). I can't pick out anyone in particular- all wonderful.

#2 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, that's them, all right! I didn't see the performance, but I'd recognise them from your description, dufay, thanks for the post, it warms my heart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):