This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

A Trick for Links

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:30 PM

I always have found the "links" function cumbersome. (It's the little icon that looks like a globe with two links underneath.) If you click it, the a first dialogue box opens and prompts for the URL, and then a second dialogue box opens and prompts for the text that becomes a link. To copy and paste meant going back and forth between two browser sessions with the open dialogue box.

I realized today that if I type or pasted the text for the link into the post, then highlighted it and clicked the "quote" icon, I was prompted for the URL only, and the board software automatically inserted the highlighted text, creating the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):