This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A moment in Swan Lake....................

During the run of ABT's Swan Lake in 2005 at the Met, Carlos Acosta did a jump into the lake that left me breathless, with jaw dropped and my central nervous system in shock, trying to process what I just saw. :clapping: While most times the dancer takes a careful step off into oblivion, Acosta did something astounding. If you ever saw those ABC Sports shows that showed divers jumping off the cliffs in Acapulco, Mexico, you'll know what I mean!!!! When he jumped off, his form was a perfect SWAN dive, but in the

dramatic scope of defiance to Von Rothebart.

Has my reaction to this particular moment, help spark a moment in ballat that has totally left you speechless, awestruck or even a little numb????????

My moment is in the Alonso/Youskevitch 'Giselle'. In Act II as Giselle throws the lillies over her head, Youskevitch invariably caught them in mid-air during a grand jete. I wince every time I see the latter day Albrecht's bending down to scoop the lillies off the floor..... :D

My moment is in the Alonso/Youskevitch 'Giselle'. In Act II as Giselle throws the lillies over her head, Youskevitch invariably caught them in mid-air during a grand jete. I wince every time I see the latter day Albrecht's bending down to scoop the lillies off the floor..... :huh:

Wow.. :) .is it on DVD?