A moment in Swan Lake....................

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fandeballet

fandeballet

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

During the run of ABT's Swan Lake in 2005 at the Met, Carlos Acosta did a jump into the lake that left me breathless, with jaw dropped and my central nervous system in shock, trying to process what I just saw. :clapping: While most times the dancer takes a careful step off into oblivion, Acosta did something astounding. If you ever saw those ABC Sports shows that showed divers jumping off the cliffs in Acapulco, Mexico, you'll know what I mean!!!! When he jumped off, his form was a perfect SWAN dive, but in the
dramatic scope of defiance to Von Rothebart.

Has my reaction to this particular moment, help spark a moment in ballat that has totally left you speechless, awestruck or even a little numb????????

#2 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:38 AM

My moment is in the Alonso/Youskevitch 'Giselle'. In Act II as Giselle throws the lillies over her head, Youskevitch invariably caught them in mid-air during a grand jete. I wince every time I see the latter day Albrecht's bending down to scoop the lillies off the floor..... :D

#3 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

Oh, my goodness, atm! What a moment that must have been! It sounds like the perfect example of bravura virtuosity in the service of eloquence, instead of for its own sake.

#4 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

My moment is in the Alonso/Youskevitch 'Giselle'. In Act II as Giselle throws the lillies over her head, Youskevitch invariably caught them in mid-air during a grand jete. I wince every time I see the latter day Albrecht's bending down to scoop the lillies off the floor..... :huh:

Wow.. :) .is it on DVD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):