This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

What celebrities would you think would make a good dancer.

Although dancing takes some skill some dancers as well as singers and actors would definetly make good dancers. Some people are dancing type but thjat does'bt mean you can not dance. So who do you think should be the next dancer, from any celebs.~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

I would suggest Natalie Dessay, a French soprano. Often a singer is said to "move like a dancer" which really means that she "doesn't move like a singer."

In the case of Dessay it is true. She first set out to be a ballet dancer and took class at least to her middle teens--not sure why she stopped at that point but it is all to the best because she is one of the finest singers in her rep of this generation. Her dance training is really obvious in "Tales of Hoffman" in the Olympia act (which is based on the same E.T.A. Hoffman story as "Coppelia"). Her ability to sing the difficult coloratura while impersonating the mechanical doll is amazing.

Sounds like someone who could really do Salome's "Dance of the Seven Veils," if her voice is strong enough to ride that orchestra. (I think "move like a dancer" is sometimes a euphemism for "doesn't lumber across the stage like a grizzly.") :)

Back to the subject at hand, I'd nominate Charlize Theron. I understand she has some dance training and I bet the late Bob Fosse would have gone ape over her. She's also a potential Balanchine Superwoman type too, I think. Also Joanne Woodward. She's a big ballet fan and why no company has asked her to do roles like the Queen in Swan Lake I'll never understand.

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: dirac ]

I've often thought that Richard Chamberlain would have made a good dancer because he bears a strong resemblance to Anthony Dowell. With his noble bearing, I can see RC dancing Siegfried, Albrecht, Prince Desire and any number of Cavaliers.

Melissa

If you watch "Star Wars, A New Hope" (which is the original, from 197?), in the scene where Luke (Mark Hamill) is knocked unconscious by the sand people, you will see that he is lying on the ground with one leg straight and the other in a passable passe

;-). And both legs are perfectly turned out! That hardly qualifies him, but it is a good start. . .

S.

I think the only newer actor I've come across that makes me think about him possibly being great at ballet is Julian Sands. If you guys don't knwo who he is he was in horror films like warlock.

Also as far as musicians go... Peter Steele of the band Type O Negative he's 6'6" but as I've seen in some videos I could swear he's got the ballet waddle. :)

Well, if we're going for character roles, let me nominate the following:

Robin Williams--the subservient stepsister in Ashton's Cinderella, Widow Simone in Fille, or as the ubiquitous Jester in any ballet

Marilyn Manson--Carabosse especially, but would also make a good Rothbart or Madge

Maggie Smith--Nurse in R&J and Berthe in Giselle

The Olsen Twins as Kitri's 2 identically dressed friends would be cute, although those technically aren't character roles

According to an item in the Chicago Sun-Times, Neve Campbell has been working with the Joffrey because she is developing a film with a dance angle. Think of the possibilities - "Scream" meets "Save the Last Dance"! Miss Campbell spent years studying at the National Ballet of Canada's school and I've seen her dance a little. She's quite good.

By the way, Christopher Walken began his career dancing on Broadway. He's brilliant in the little-known film "Pennies from Heaven". Wouldn't he make a fabulous Rothbart, or a fabulously scary Drosselmeyer?

Guest DaNzMaNiAc123

Didnt britney spears have some dance training? I would give nething to see britney spears in a tutu! Can you see that?