This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Midsummer Night's DreamApril 13-23, 2006

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:12 PM

Thanks to all for a very interesting discussion. You've evoked the dance, the dancers, the place, the audience, and a great love of ballet. :clapping:

It made me wonder why Edward Villella, in our neck of the woods, has not done a MN'sD. I'd prefer it to the upcoming Don Quijote, though I guess the touring box offices would prefer the latter. In a perfect world, we'd have both.

#17 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:16 PM

If anyone else is going on Friday night we could meet at intermission? Anyone game?

#18 purelyballet

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:01 AM

I was able to catch the Saturday evening performance and must say it was magical. I loved it so much that I am going again this evening....... KUDOS to all of the dancers..... I have not been able to find any of the reveiws so far on the ballet...can anyone help?

#19 Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:05 AM

There was a review in the Inquirer -- disappointment in many of the lead performances but entranced by the ballet as a whole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):