This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

We're Switching Servers

Helene

We've outgrown our britches, and both Ballet Talk and Ballet Talk for Dancers are moving to a dedicated server together. The move is tentatively scheduled for Thursday morning EST, and it should take 3-4 hours, during which time the sites will be down.

The software and URLs for the sites will remain the same. It's possible we will have some glitches along the way, and we'll work with our "hosts" to fix any outstanding issues.

This should solve the server-based slowness and latency issues we've been having lately. (For example, the "Last post by" information has been slow to resolve.)

If you have any questions, please post them here, PM me, or use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page to email us.

I've deleted my PM files. Anything else we need to do?
Thank you, zerbinetta. Actually, cleaning out old PMs that you don't need anymore (note to self) so that they're not transferred to the new server is the one thing that Ballet Talkers can do before the transition to help. (That and being your usual patient and tolerant selves regarding technical glitches.)

We're going to clean-up the members list tomorrow, deleted zero post accounts that have been inactive (no logins, no threads read) since 30 June 2005. There probably will be a general recount on the database, so some post counts will go down by duplicate posts that were deleted.