This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi - Denmark Tour 2006

The Bolshoi Ballet will come to Copenhagen with six performances on September 5-10 2006. On the programme at the new Opera House are Grigorovich's Swan Lake and Ratmansky's The Bright Stream.

There is also a follow-up tour planned on October 5-11 to Jylland cities Randers, Holstebro, Aalborg, Vejle and Aarhus.

The Bolshoi Ballet will come to Copenhagen with six performances on September 5-10 2006. On the programme at the new Opera House are Grigorovich's Swan Lake and Ratmansky's The Bright Stream.

There is also a follow-up tour planned on October 5-11 to Jylland cities Randers, Holstebro, Aalborg, Vejle and Aarhus.

Finally :clapping::thanks: so much for the info Jorgen, now i have something to look forward to :yahoo:

Svetlana Zakharova injured a knee injury during yesterday's rehearsal and her performances on the Bolshoi Ballet Copenhagen tour are cancelled.

The new Swan Lake cast list is instead:

Sep 5: Maria Alexandrova - Sergei Filin

Sep 6: Svetlana Lunkina - Vladimir Neporozhny

Sep 7: Maria Alexandrova - Sergei Filin

Sep 8: Svetlana Lunkina - Vladimir Neporozhny

Bad news, folks! I just looked up the Aarhus web site and read the following: Ticket sale started on April 1 and despite pouring rain all tickets were sold out in half an hour.

The tickets were not very expensive either.

That was Aarhus and Swan Lake.

Then there are performances in the other towns which Jorgen mentioned. Suppose they will be sold out as well as those towns are very small (I have been to a couple of them) and the venues cannot possibly be so big.

I am almost crying with disappointment here; of course I live so close by, I could go there on spec and hope for a return.

And another thing - we now have a new, well equipped opera house here in Gothenburg. Are they coming here? Nope! I know where the trouble is. The Bolshoi is coming with 225 people including full orchestra and I assume that would be a bit steep for the good town councillors of Gothenburg who are a bunch of skinflints. And the opera ballet here has profiled themselves as a modern company, so it would be uncertain how people would react to classical ballet. :wallbash: :foot:

Bad news, folks! I just looked up the Aarhus web site and read the following: Ticket sale started on April 1 and despite pouring rain all tickets were sold out in half an hour.

Sorry to hear that. :-(

I'll be in Arhus Oct 13-22 or so--as before, any recommendations? Have you been to Arhus?

Jorgen, I did have a quiet chuckle about what you said about Swedish theaters. Actually, it is not funny at all, but all too true.

And then I will reply to Koshka. Well, classes to take - dont know about that. There are certainly ballet schools there, but if they would have any open professional classes, I am not sure. Jorgen might know.

Shows there certainly are, also concerts.

About Danish arts and crafts, you might look up www.kunstruten.dk. As far as I remember, most is in English. As you probably know, Danish glassware (and Swedish glassware as well) is well renowned. Also Georg Jensen sterling silver, but it is horribly expensive.

Found the Denmark casting:

Giselle:

Giselle - Svetlana Lunkina

Count Albrecht - Nikolai Tsiskaridze

Myrtha - Maria Allash

Swan Lake:

Odette/Odile - Anna Antonicheva (October 5, 8, 10), Maria Allash (11)

Prince Siegfried - Dmitry Gudanov (October 5, 8, 10), Artem Shpilevsky (11, debut)

The Evil Genius - Artem Shpilevsky (October 5, 8), Dmitry Rykhlov (10, 11)

The Fool - Denis Medvedev (October 5, 10), Yan Godovsky (October 8, 11),

It almost makes Rothbart and the Jester seem like antagonists.
Now THAT would be an interesting plot for a ballet!

Question: does the Bolshoi have a distinct touring for this kind of venture? Is another group performing at home while this one is in Denmark?

" ... they still perform at home while a group is on the road."

More than that. Sometimes they perform the same production simultaneously as it happened this month.

While Svetlana Lunkina & Nikolai Tsiskaridze :) danced "Giselle" in Danish towns of Holstebro and Vejle on 6 and 9 of October, the same ballet was performed by the Bolshoi in Moscow on 4 October (Vishneva-Volchkov) and 8 October (Ryzhkina-Filin) :) .