This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Royal Ballet - US Tour?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 tendumom

tendumom

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:40 AM

The Royal is performing Manon in Boston in June. I have been trying to find information on other performances in the US. Their website does not even list a US tour.... or Boston for that matter. Does anyone have any info?

#2 NextStage

NextStage

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

After Boston, they're scheduled to be at the Kennedy Center (per the KC website). A mixed bill is listed, as well as Sleeping Beauty. Don't know of anything else; hope this helps.

#3 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Johan Kobborg's site lists an US/South American tour in his schedule section. The Boston and Washington DC dates might be the only US dates (they are the only ones I can find anyway...)

#4 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

Ohmygosh; NextStage posted!! Hi there, NextStage!

Giannina

#5 chauffeur

chauffeur

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

Holy cow, my daughter was just today saying that she would love to see Royal Ballet perform!! The KC dates and distance are doable for us, so what say you experts to the choices -- the mixed repertory program with two Ashton pieces (La Valse and Enigma Variations) or Sleeping Beauty?

#6 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

BOTH.

#7 tendumom

tendumom

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they might be touring more here.

#8 Starr

Starr

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

I might have to make a trip or two this June. :) I would love to see Alina or Tamara and the new/old Beauty.

#9 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

I sent a query to the RB for details and just received this nice reply:

Thank you for your e-mail which has been forwarded to The Royal Ballet for attention. As soon as the whole of the tour has been confirmed, we will then be putting details of where we are going and what we are performing (and hopefully who will be dancing!) on our website

So keep checking!

#10 Bill

Bill

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

I'm hoping to see The Sleeping Beauty on June 22 at the Kennedy Center so will leave it to fate re casting...rooting for Rojo!

#11 chauffeur

chauffeur

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:26 PM

Ticket sales to the public for the Kennedy Center appearance go on sale this friday, April 7. I'm trying to decide if I can safely commit to some excellent midweek airfares before then. And by "safely" I mean, will I still be able to get tickets to the Tuesday mixed bill and the Wednesday Sleeping Beauty (fie on you, Leigh Witchel, for encouraging me to attempt both!)? What are people's experiences with how quickly Kennedy Center ballet bills sell? thanks!

oh, and any tips on whether it's better to buy online or go through the switchboard, Ticketmaster or whatever other purchasing route is available?

Edited by chauffeur, 03 April 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#12 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

Can I make it up to you by helping you to Priceline a hotel? :off topic:

Yours, enablingly,

LAW

#13 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

chauffer, if you buy online, you won't know where in the section your seat is.

#14 chauffeur

chauffeur

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:46 AM

So, kfw, what's the best way to purchase? Calling KC directly?

And thanks for the offer, Leigh, but we're hoping for nice weather so we can pitch a tent on the Mall. :)

#15 chauffeur

chauffeur

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:15 AM

Akk! Just realized -- I have to get tickets for the Ashton mixed bill on Wed, June 21 and Sleeping Beauty on Thurs, June 22 to make this work. Does anyone think I'll have problems getting tix to SB on its opening night? (and what time does that darn box office open because I can't find that info online?) Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):