This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Ballet 2006-2007 Season

Moderator's Note: I have broken these posts off from the lengthy (and lively) thread on SuzFar Ballet's DonQ's at Kennedy Center. Thought they deserved a place of their own.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have heard that Suzanne Farrell will be bringing her Don Q to NY city in June 2006.

Does anyone know the exact date, and where in NY this will be?

Thanks.

Edited by carbro

i've heard of no such plans.

TSFB will at jacob's pillow w/ a selection of chamber works, i.e. pas de deux, etc.

then at the edinburgh festival in late summer, w/ DON Q.

unless things have much changed, this would seem to be the extent of the group's touring.

then in the fall a week at the kenn. cent. which i believe has been noted on this site.

According to the Kennedy Center, the Suzanne Farrell Ballet's next appearance there won't be this fall, but in June 2007, as part of the "Shakespeare in Washington" festival.

Last year I saw references in print to the National Ballet of Canada bringing Balanchine's Don Q to Toronto this year. Anyone know if that's still the plan?

Shakespeare Festival. So. What will it be? Balanchine's A Midsummer NIght's Dream? Or Bejart's Romeo and Juliet, which she had previously announced for last Fall. I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet on the latter. But this is OT.

NYCB is doing Midsummer for the festival.