Trig New Lookw/ amazon button

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Bill

Bill

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:43 AM

Helene -- I really like the logo and Amazon link. Many thanks.

#17 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

I second Bill's comments. It was wonderful to see "Ballet Talk" back in its rightful place. :) Many thanks, Helene.

#18 tylerls

tylerls

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

Amazon are introducing a new facility, whereby you can design your own store-front for a selection of Amazon products, and then get a cut of the revenue, when people buy something through it. I read a review of it this morning:

Amazon aStores beta review

Perhaps it's a bit of a gimmick at the moment, but I have a feeling that it could mature into something useful. It's probably worth keeping an eye on, in case it can add any value to "Ballet Talk" and "Ballet Talk for Dancers" beyond what the Amazon banner link already provides. E.g.: Create a store with recommended books/DVDs/videos, and occasionally update it so that any new items, or items under discussion, are "featured products".

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,001 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

Thank you for the heads up, tylers! We'll keep our eyes open.

#20 tylerls

tylerls

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

One advantage of having a "Ballet Talk" store-front would be that board members could post a direct link to a relevant product in their post, in such a way that "Ballet Talk" is still getting a cut.

The Amazon banner seems to work by remembering that your session started off with a search query which included the "tag", "campaign" and "adid" information referring to "Ballet Talk", but by the time it takes you to the product, there's no mention of "Ballet Talk" in the URL. It's just remembering that information for the current session. So if you try to paste that link, it'll take people to the product alright, but Amazon probably won't attribute the traffic to anyone but themselves.

On the other hand, if you copy a URL from one of these "aStores" store-fronts, it takes you back to the same store-front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):