This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Don't know about Voronsova, but I just watched the movie the other night and recognized hte 10-year-old Yuri Zhukov, who came to San Francisco Ballet from the Kirov (where he was one of the dancers who worked with dancers from the NYCB, I think with Farrell, in setting some Balanchine) and had considerable success; really memorably as the Prince in Sleeping Beauty and as James, wonderful James, in La Sylphide. he's been retired several years and is teaching at SF City Ballet School.

The other thing is that Mezentseva's private performance of the White Swan (with Zaklinsky) for the children is one of the finest I know of on record -- it's chaste, beautiful, noble, majestic, simple. The few moments in hte austerity of the performance that have a melting quality to them are fantastically expressive for occurring in such a restrained context. The movie is worth having and keeping formany reasons, but especially for that.

Angelina, I think, but am not sure, is on faculty at the Universal Ballet Academy.

Yes, you are right. Angelina Armeiskaya is a ballet teacher at UBA.

Angelina Armeiskaya

Prior to teaching there, she danced with Colorado Ballet and taught at its school. She also teaches at the Bossov summer intensive in Maine. After graduating from the Vaganova Academy she danced in Tbilisi and other Russian companies.

Sorry but you are wrong Angelina Armeiskaya does not teach at the Bossov Ballet I was at there five week summer program this year and she was not there.

Angelina, I think, but am not sure, is on faculty at the Universal Ballet Academy.

Yes, you are right. Angelina Armeiskaya is a ballet teacher at UBA.

Angelina Armeiskaya

Prior to teaching there, she danced with Colorado Ballet and taught at its school. She also teaches at the Bossov summer intensive in Maine. After graduating from the Vaganova Academy she danced in Tbilisi and other Russian companies.

Sorry but you are wrong Angelina Armeiskaya does not teach at the Bossov Ballet I was at there five week summer program this year and she was not there.

Dance_Lover13:

While it is important to correct misinformation, it was not Marga who made the error, but rather the information on the Universal Ballet Academy website linked above that was incorrect

Perhaps you might like to write to them to correct the information.