This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Swan Lake Thursday Matinee Ticket Discount

Since the email (from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts rather than the CB) says "Forward to a Friend", it should be OK to mention that all tickets for the Thursday (Feb. 16) matinee performance of Swan Lake are available for $25 if you use the promo code "SWAN".

This will probably be mainly of interest to those who have lots of sick leave available :beg:.

Just an FYI, those Matthew Bourne Swan Lake Tickets are only available through the Denver Center, Colorado Ballet is not handling any part of ticketing.

It will be an amazing show, and a good turnout is expected.

I am curious to see how a multi-faceted but predominantly conservative Denver audience will react to this avant garde production...

Myself, I cannot wait... very excited to see it!! :beg:

Since the email (from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts rather than the CB) says "Forward to a Friend", it should be OK to mention that all tickets for the Thursday (Feb. 16) matinee performance of Swan Lake are available for $25 if you use the promo code "SWAN".

This will probably be mainly of interest to those who have lots of sick leave available :wink:.

This offer has been extended to the Wednesday and Thursday evening performances (Feb. 15 and 16).

I wonder if having an 8:00 starting time for a performance that's nearly 2.5 hours long is having a negative influence on ticket sales. Coloradoans tend to keep earlier hours than Easterners.

Wednesday and Thursday nights never do well in Denver... and neither do later shows. I was surprised they booked that, but it is the broadway production, it is not CB's company... and they are traveling so you book shows when you can, I guess. Julie Andrews' "the boy friend" opens in that same theatre (Buell) on the 21st, so I think the timing was a key issue there.

I will offer a review tomorrow; I am there tonight for opening night... YAY!!!!

I can hardly wait! :wink:

Golden Gate

This will probably be mainly of interest to those who have lots of sick leave available :wink:.

This offer has been extended to the Wednesday and Thursday evening performances (Feb. 15 and 16).

I talked to a ticket person at the DCPA who claims that the discount is valid if you buy tickets "at the door". That would be nice, at least for those who prefer not to pay $32 for a $25 ticket (given that none of the extra $7 goes to the CB).

It looks like I beat Golden Gate! Of course, I cheated. I didn't stay til the end. Spending 2.5 hours watching a play with no discernible plot and simple-minded humor isn't my thing. The dancing seemed to me to be below what one would see at a professional ballet, though I think I missed much of it since the 2nd act seemed to be more dance-oriented.

Sounds like the pre-publicity did not convey accurately exactly what kind of production Bourne's version "Swan Lake" really is.

I note that this visit to Denver is part of an extensive tour that includes 10 performances at the Ahmanson in LA and 8 in Chicago.

I enjoyed it quite a lot when I saw it in the late 90s, but -- although it uses some of the story line and a bit of the step vocabulary from the ballet ballet -- it really is more of a Broadway dance show with plot line drawn heavily from People Magazine and Sigmund Freud for Dummies.

It looks like I beat Golden Gate! Of course, I cheated. I didn't stay til the end. Spending 2.5 hours watching a play with no discernible plot and simple-minded humor isn't my thing. The dancing seemed to me to be below what one would see at a professional ballet, though I think I missed much of it since the 2nd act seemed to be more dance-oriented.

I'd have left the same time you did if I hadn't had a car load of people. :wink: