This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Wishing our Danish friends well

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic. It can be moved elsewhere, if necessary.

I know that this board is full of admirers of the Danish ballet, as well as a few occasional posters who live in Denmark. I wanted my Danish friends & the dancers who I so admire to know that they are in my thoughts during these difficult days. I hope that everybody is 'weathering the storm' allright & staying safe.

Giannina,

I just finished reading an article in the Washington Post on the topic, and I'm going to jump in.

Several Danish political cartoonists used charicatures of Muhammad; they were published in Danish newspapers and reprinted elsewhere in the West. Images of Muhammad are forbidden under Islamic law. There has been outrage expressed within the Muslim community worldwide, with protests that have turned violent, as well as threats against the cartoonists and the Danish nation.

[ADMIN BEANIE ON]

Just a note that we holding strictly to board policy against discussing politics and religion, unless they have direct relevance to ballet.

In my post above, I tried to summarize the situation factually in response to a specific question. If anyone has feedback on whether or how this should be edited, please PM me, or if you don't have PM privileges yet, use the "Contact Us" link at the top of each page.

[ADMIN BEANIE OFF]