This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Boston dancers

Actually, there's a great news for BB even though some dancers were fired. Herve Courtain, a sujet of the Paris Opera Ballet, will be joining BB from next season. POB's hierarchy is extremely severe so most dancers in the sujet/premier danseurs category would fit into the first soloist or even principal category in many other major companies...Watch out for Herve! He's really an exciting dancer -- with sharp movements and a fresh personality on stage!

Wow! That is great news! (One tiny bit of good news amidst the chaos) But I am really curious to know where dancers like Sasha Koltun, Misha Ilyin, and all the others will be going. And I have also heard that all of the second company was let go too. Any information regarding this???

Thank you Mme. Hermine!!

He was perhaps the dancer I was most surprised to learn was fired. I was always impressed with his technique, and his "spritely" level of animation. It really makes me wonder what on earth was going on inside the minds of the people making such decisions. (And since no one apparently knows who those people are, I guess we will never know.)

I hope that Miami will welcome such a tremendous talent, and wish him all the best!

Here is what I know about the dancers who won't be returning to boston ballet...Mikhael Ilian is going to Miami City Ballet,Sasha Dmochowski(not Koultun) is going to American Ballet Theatre,charles Preggar is going to Washington Ballet...oh,one of the second company women got into Joffrey.I'm sorry I don't know more about the principals or soloists,but I tend to pay more attention to what goes on with the corps and second company.(I just feel as though people don't pay enough attention to that aspect of a company and in truth,all of those principal dancers that the world seems to love, must have started in the corps.)...that is all I know about the people who weren't rehired.I hope it answered a couple of questions.

Originally posted by katushinka:

Wow!  That is great news! (One tiny bit of good news amidst the chaos)   But I am really curious to know where dancers like Sasha Koltun, Misha Ilyin, and all the others will be going.  And I have also heard that all of the second company was let go too.  Any information regarding this???