This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Notation/Music of 'Jardin Anime' question

Solor

I think only Doug can answer my question here, but maybe some else can -

I was wondering......are the 2 variations notated in the Sergeyev Collection for Gulnare and Medora in the scene 'Jardin Anime' (danced by Preobrajenskaya and Legnani in 1899-from "Thetis and Peleus" and "Pygmalion") the same variations that are still danced by the Kirov/Mariinksy?

In the main body of the Jardin anime notation, the two variations notated are no longer danced by the Kirov. A couple additional variations are notated separately and these include the Medora "Pygmalion" variation that is still danced (albeit in embellished form) by the Kirov.

Dear colleagues.

for your information: there is another notation of Le Jardin Anime' in Moscow, in Petipa's archive of Bakhrushin Museum. There are several pages with his schemes of dancers' groups and explications.

Unfortunately there is not detailed notation of variations...

Dear colleagues.

for your information: there is another notation of Le Jardin Anime' in Moscow, in Petipa's archive of Bakhrushin Museum. There are several pages with his schemes of dancers' groups and explications.

Unfortunately there is not detailed notation of variations...

Thank you for the interesting information Tatiana and welcome to Ballet talk.

As ever Doug we recognise your endeavour and expert contributions.

Leonid

I watched the Bolshoi's version of Jardin Anime on YouTube, and it is wonderful!!! It is so much better and so much more exciting than the Mariinsky's shorter version of that scene. I hope the upcoming Bolshoi Corsaire that will be transmitted into movie theaters will have this version of the Jardin Anime, and let's hope it gets a dvd release too!!! So beautiful!!!