This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

MCB's 2nd Program: La Source, Push Comes to Shove

bart

"See for yourself!" *sigh* If I ever have occasion to visit New York again, yeah.

bart, some of us talked about MCB's Giselle a few years ago in this forum. Maybe that was before your time in south Florida. Anyway, here's the link (posts #4 and 5 talk about Catoya in the title role, which you asked about, and the rest adds context to that discussion, and more):

http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=16348

I just wanted to confirm, if that were needed, something carbro said in Post #14 about digital tempo changes without pitch changes: When I was in Fort Lauderdale for Program IV, I had a chance to ask MCB's sound engineer about that, and he grinned and said, "I've been doing that for fifteen years!" I was too shocked to ask him about La Source specifically, although I may remember to in the future. So, now I'm curious, whose tempos were those in La Source? Verdy's, I suppose, but from the beginning or when she saw how it looked on this dancer or that?

Thanks, tootoo. I hope that Jeannette Delgado --who had to pull out of Donizetti Variations mid-performance, to be replaced by her sister -- and Luis Serrano have a quick recovery from their injuries. It was no surprise to hear that Delgado continued dancing and smiling until Patricia could step in.

On the other hand, the reviewer's impatience and boredom with Donizetti Variations WAS rather surprising, to me at least.