This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Opera house?

Hello, Could somebody please tell me if they show ballets in the new opera house in Denmark?

I don´t know if they do that and i´m planning to see a showround but i don´t know what´s the diffrents between see a showround on the opera house and see a showround on the old stage? Could someone please explain if it´s the same thing or diffrent? :)

Rosie, I hope that this is not too late for you. I was in both theaters during the 2005 Bournonville Festival. Of course, the festival performances were held in the 'old' theater, which is idea for ballet. During a tour of the new & larger opera house, we were told that ballets are also being staged there. It's an ultra-modern venue with state-of-the-art stage mechanics, an impressive auditorium with 'Queens box' similar to the one in the old theater (but modern in style), and a ballet studio with a wonderful springy floor. If at all possible, try to attend shows in both theaters.

Rosie, I hope that this is not too late for you. I was in both theaters during the 2005 Bournonville Festival.  Of course, the festival performances were held in the 'old' theater, which is idea for ballet.  During a tour of the new & larger opera house, we were told that ballets are also being staged there.  It's an ultra-modern venue with state-of-the-art stage mechanics, an impressive auditorium with 'Queens box' similar to the one in the old theater (but modern in style), and a ballet studio with a wonderful springy floor.  If at all possible, try to attend shows in both theaters.

:thanks: Natalia, I will go to both theaters :yahoo: beacause i can´t choose which one to pick i think that both theaters are exciting :D

As far as I know, the only ballet performed in the new Opera house's big stage is Neumeier's "The little Mermaid". I suppose because it is a new production which is made for a bigger stage. Otherwise, it has been operas on that stage.

Just keep your eyes and ears open :angry2:

As far as I know, the only ballet performed in the new Opera house's big stage is Neumeier's "The little Mermaid". I suppose because it is a new production which is made for a bigger stage. Otherwise, it has been operas on that stage.

Just keep your eyes and ears open  :)

I have bougth tickets for the old stage :) i can´t wait too see it

do you know if they always show the backstage of the new opera house or just for a season? Please let me know :D