This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New photo gallery

I agree. I reposted the LINK on the Vishneva in USA thread, for those who might not see it here. And I see that Helene did the same in the Diana Vishneva thread on the Dancers forum.

Backstage shots -- and onstage shots conveying a sense of movement -- are my favorite ballet photography. Thanks, Mr. Haegeman.

Those Shades!

Have mercy, that is exactly the moment. The top of the breath before the movement surges forward again and sinks into the arabesque-- fantastic photograph.

Great image of the Forsythe, too -- the veins up his arm look like a lightning bolt. I remember seeing them do it here, how shocking it was when she'd be stretching out into some huge extension and the lights would suddenly black out, the whole dance being revealed in flashes and then gone again.

They're all wonderful.

Great job, Marc.

Wow, beautiful pictures.

Loved the picture of Diana.

Is Obratsova as enchanting when she's moving as she is in pictures? She looks positively ethereal in every picture I've ever seen of her.

And I love the shot of Novikova in Forsythe. It looks like she has a beautiful grande jete.

Marc,

Thank you for sharing your excellent photography with us. Your interpretive visions of the ballet have now inspired me to experiment more with my own ballet photography. Mine has been rather formal, limited in part my lack of access to dancers. I have only been able to photograph some dress rehersals many years ago, and from the audience location where the angles are limited, other than work in the studio with some ballet students.

I am a very new member here, so have not had the opportunity to see any other of your images. Do you have more of them on the web? If so, I (and many others, I am sure) would appreciate any additional information on their locations.

Thanks again for your beautiful images.

donb

Marc,

Thank you for sharing your excellent photography with us. Your interpretive visions of the ballet have now inspired me to experiment more with my own ballet photography. Mine has been rather formal, limited in part my lack of access to dancers. I have only been able to photograph some dress rehersals many years ago, and from the audience location where the angles are limited, other than work in the studio with some ballet students.

I am a very new member here, so have not had the opportunity to see any other of your images. Do you have more of them on the web? If so, I (and many others, I am sure) would appreciate any additional information on their locations.

Thanks again for your beautiful images.

donb

Donb, thanks.

Best is to browse though For Ballet Lovers Only and the Specials section in particular. You can find some more (mainly studio) on Svetlana Zakharova's website.