This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Diana Vishneva in the USA

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Andre Yew

Andre Yew

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Buddy and Susan. The Kirov is full of treasures so I'm not too worried about their Forsythe program (especially if we get to see Daria Pavlenko). I wonder who will take her place at Kings of Dance. I don't like ABT, but if she's dancing Giselle there, it may be worth the trouble.

--Andre

#17 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

Today Diana Vishneva's site has restated her May-July dates with ABT. They are now in agreement with ABT's site. See today's post on the ABT Spring Season thread, or check her site at:
http://www.vishneva.ru/eng/perform.php

#18 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

Canbelto, I related your posting to Diana Vishneva at her website and she posted a very nice reply. I suggested to her that she might enjoy the discussion here, "Diana Vishneva in the USA". She responded by saying that she did take a look at this page and would like to look again in the future. Keep up the good work!

#19 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

Buddy, I saw that. Thanks! I think it's wonderful that stars like Johan Kobborg and Diana Vishneva keep in touch with their fans this way. So to Diana, I say, "Thank." :thanks:

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

[ADMIN BEANIE ON]

Ballet Talk's mission is the discussion of ballet issues and performances. We are not a fan site. While we always welcome posts that describe the virtues of performers, our purpose and goal is not to publish unabashed praise, particularly in the hopes that the dancers will read it. We do not want to create an environment in which posters are afraid to make well-reasoned, respectful criticisms, including negative ones. If she reads Ballet Talk, Miss Vishneva, like any other dancer, will find that not all reviews are uniformly positive, and I hope she, or any other dancer, does not expect otherwise.

[/ADMIN BEANIE OFF]

#21 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:20 AM

Hiding away in the middle of today's New York Times article on the Kings of Dance is the following, refering to Kings producer, Sergei Danilian.

(He is developing a solo program for Ms. Vishneva, which will include an all-female corps de ballet.)

Hope we get more information on this soon!

#22 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

There were "Ardani Artists" brochures available in the lobby at City Center during the Kings of Dance performances. They listed the upcoming North American bookings for their clients, including the Kirov Mariinsky ballet. In addition to the OC engagement it mentioned Chicago, Ottowa and Boston engagements in late October/early November 2006. There was no mention of repertory (with the exception of OC) or casting, but one can hope...

edited to clarify: There was no mention of Vishneva, I'm just hoping that she will be included on the Kirov tour. Here are dates & venues from the brochure:

Orange Co. Performing Arts Cntr, Segerstrom Hall,10/17 - 19 Romeo & Juliet,10/20-22 Swan Lake
National Arts Center, Southam Hall, Ottowa, Canada 10/26-29 (no rep listed yet)
Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, 11/1-5 (no rep listed yet)
Wang Center, Boston, 11/8-12 (no rep listed yet)
Susan

#23 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:14 AM

According to Diana, she will be performing in October with the MT:

growsonwalls: Dear Diana, are you sick (flu, cold) or are you injured? Either way, hope you are healthy soon! Get well soon!
Diana: I had a flu. But I began to work already. Thank for wishes
Nora: Sorry to hear that you will not be able to dance Ondine because of your health. How disappointing! Anyway, get well soon. I look forward to seeing your performances again. Do you have any plan to tour with Mariinsky Ballet this year?
Diana: Thanks for wishes. I plan to participate in performances of Mariinsky theatre in USA (October)and Japan (November - December).

This is wonderful news, and for those who are big fans of Diana's unique, charming English (that I affectionately call Dianglish), there is even more wonderful news to be found in these answers. Diana, it seems, has finally learned it's "Thanks" instead of "Thank." I will miss "Thank" though ... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):