This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT casting for Washington, DC (Jan. 31-Feb. 5)

ABT's website has announced the casting for the company's upcoming appearance at the Kennedy Center.

Is there any way to find out who's cast in Gong or in some of the smaller roles for the other ballets? The more I see of ABT, the more I develop favorites among the soloists and corps de ballet, and I'd love to know ahead of time if/when they will be dancing. Can I call their press or PR office, or is that rude?

January-31, 7:30 PM

Repertory

Gong

Company

Afternoon of a Faun

J. Kent

M. Beloserkovsky

Swan Lake Act III pas de deux

P. Herrera

J. Carreño

The Green Table

D. Hallberg

Company

February-1, 7:30 PM

Repertory

Gong

Company

Afternoon of a Faun

S. Abrera

D. Hallberg

G. Murphy

M. Gomes

The Green Table

I. Stappas

Company

February-2, 7:30 PM

Repertory

Gong

Company

Afternoon of a Faun

M. Riccetto

J. Carreño

I. Dvorovenko

M. Beloserkovsky

The Green Table

I. Stappas

Company

February-3, 7:30 PM

Romeo and Juliet

J. Kent

M. Gomes

February-4, 1:30 PM

Romeo and Juliet

X. Reyes

J. Carreño

February-4, 7:30 PM

Romeo and Juliet

I. Dvorovenko

M. Beloserkovsky

February-5, 1:30 PM

Romeo and Juliet

P. Herrera

D. Hallberg

Is there any way to find out who's cast in Gong or in some of the smaller roles for the other ballets?. . .  Can I call their press or PR office, or is that rude?

I have never had success with this, never been able to get anyone on the phone who has the info, hard as that is to believe. Those casts are generally not posted, and the only way to know whom you'll be seeing before hand is to open the stage bill. I saw a great cast in Upper Room during the City Center season just past -- three times. Despite my friends' consensus that the cast I saw was much better, I still would have liked, at least once, to have seen the other. Had I known the B cast was dancing on particular nights, I would have bought tickets.

I love Pennsylvania Ballet's method of posting PDF files that reproduce the printed programs' cast lists. Wish ABT would do same. Knowing a particular young dancer is getting an early opportunity in a small solo is sometimes enough to get me to buy a ticket for a performance I'm otherwise ambivalent about.