This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

From Associated Press via The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, an article on preparations for the celebration of Mozart’s 250th birthday.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/1403AP_Mozart_Mania.html

Amadeus aficionados will have hundreds of events to choose from in New York, Paris, Berlin, London, Prague, Vienna and scores of other cities.

On Jan. 27, the day the composer was born in 1756, New York's Metropolitan Opera will present a revival of last season's new Julie Taymor production of "The Magic Flute" and the New York Philharmonic will debut a three-week "Magic of Mozart" tribute.

But Mozart Central will be Salzburg, where all 22 of his operas will be performed at the Salzburg Festival next summer. An enormous birthday bash on Jan. 27 is expected to draw Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and other dignitaries. And through the year, Salzburg will host 260 concerts and 55 Masses devoted to Mozart's sacred music.

From Associated Press via The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, an article on preparations for the celebration of Mozart’s 250th birthday.

But Mozart Central will be Salzburg, where all 22 of his operas will be performed at the Salzburg Festival next summer. An enormous birthday bash on Jan. 27 is expected to draw Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and other dignitaries. And through the year, Salzburg will host 260 concerts and 55 Masses devoted to Mozart's sacred music.

I just bought the Philips set of 180 cd's, that will keep me happy for a while.

Try'd allready a few things and what I heard so far I like. Its cheaper as concerts tickets

Walboi :wink: