This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Adcracker

Ok, I know it's no longer Silly Season, but I was inspired by Mel's most recent post in the Nutcracker thread. Remembering that the original Chinese Tea dance had a Phoo dog that said "Ty-phoo!" for Ty-phoo tea, what modern commercial brands could be featured in the Act II divertissements? You may change the countries that the various goodies are from--I'm pretty sure Folger's doesn't come from Arabia, especially considering that there isn't really a country called Arabia anymore, although there is a Republic of Tea. :wink:

Great idea, Hans. The sponsorship opportunities are so numerous that I'm amazed ballet companies haven't thought of it and turned it into another "holiday tradition."

The Grandfather Clock (with owl), sponsored by Howard Miller.

The battle with the mice as a lead-in to a commercial for Orkin or some other

pest-control company.

The dolls received by the girls at the party: American Girl Dolls.

The hobby horse. "Wouldn't you rather have a Jaguar?7"

The nutcracker: Crate and Barrel's "Black Nutcracker," in stainless steel and black santopene, a simpler and more sanitary solution for only $9.95 (plus delivery).

Hot Chocolate: Hershey

Coffee: Starbucks

Russians: Aeroflot

Mother Ginger and her voluminous skirts: L. L. Bean tents

Waltz of the Flowers: 1-800-flowers.com

Dew Drop and Sugar Plum: Harry and David gift baskets.

The return home: Your Local Century21 Agent.

Searching for old Nutcracker threads for the new sub-forum, I've found some great ones. This one is HILARIOUS!!

The battle with the mice as a lead-in to a commercial for Orkin or some other pest-control company.

:)

The hobby horse. "Wouldn't you rather have a Jaguar?7"

:P

The nutcracker: Crate and Barrel's "Black Nutcracker," in stainless steel and black santopene, a simpler and more sanitary solution for only $9.95 (plus delivery).

:)

Waltz of the Flowers: 1-800-flowers.com

:D

The return home: Your Local Century21 Agent.

:rofl: