• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amitava

amitava

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

Happy Holidays,

The Dress of the 43rd (I think) Nut or Ballet Austin was interrupted by freezing sleet...but most of rehearsal was captured. In a way the cold weather may have contributed to the ambiance.

Act I is ready for viewing. Act II should be up soon.

http://insightphotog...ugmug.com/Dance

Hope it makes you go and see the performance - or see it again.

#2 amitava

amitava

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:23 AM

Act II photos are up as well.

BA has a tradition of inviting different prominent members of the community to be Mother Ginger every year (for every run). This year's guests include:

7:30 pm, Fri., Dec. 9th
Richard Buckley,
Artistic Director,
Austin Lyric Opera

7:30 pm, Sat., Dec. 10th
Brig. Gen. Christopher Tucker,
Fort Hood

2:00 pm, Sun., Dec. 11th
Nyle Maxwell,
Mayor of Round Rock, TX

7:30 pm, Fri., Dec. 16th
Turk Pipkin,
Actor

2:00 pm Sat., Dec. 17th
Sarah Butler,
Philanthropist and Civic Leader

7:30 pm, Sat., Dec. 17th
Will Wynn,
Mayor of Austin

2:00 pm, Sun., Dec 18th
Tom Meredith,
Philanthropist and Civic Leader

7:30 pm, Tues., Dec. 20th
Marcia Ball,
Singer / Songwriter

7:30 pm, Wed., Dec. 21st
Karen Kuykendall,
Actress / Singer

7:30 pm, Thurs., Dec. 22nd
Sandy from JB & Sandy Show
Mix 94.7 FM

2:00 pm, Fri., Dec. 23rd
Melissa Gale,
KVUE Daybreak and Midday anchor

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:30 PM

Lovely photographs, amitava. Of what appears to be a lovely and quite traditional (in the best sense) production.

The picture book characters stand out against the dark background. Was that part of the production, or arranged at that performance primarily for the photography? I'm sorry about the winter weather cutting into Act II. Who were the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier?

#4 amitava

amitava

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

Lovely photographs, amitava.  Of what appears to be a lovely and quite traditional (in the best sense) production.

The picture book characters stand out against the dark background. Was that part of the production, or arranged at that performance primarily for the photography?  I'm sorry about the winter weather cutting into Act II.  Who were the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Bart. The contrast between the background and dancers was not specially set up for me. The difference in lighting (by Toni Tucci) just gives the impression that the background is dark in Act I. There are pros and cons to it. Act II has the background more lit, and in my impression more distracting. This was a standard Dress rehearsal - with no special accomodations for photgraphy.

To be honest I am not familiar with the names of the characters and the names of the dances. However, if it is the last set of dancers in Act II, they are Margot Brown and Jim Stein. I will get the credits from the production manager and post them in the gallery.

Happy Holidays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):