This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker 2005 Photos

Act II photos are up as well.

BA has a tradition of inviting different prominent members of the community to be Mother Ginger every year (for every run). This year's guests include:

7:30 pm, Fri., Dec. 9th

Richard Buckley,

Artistic Director,

Austin Lyric Opera

7:30 pm, Sat., Dec. 10th

Brig. Gen. Christopher Tucker,

Fort Hood

2:00 pm, Sun., Dec. 11th

Nyle Maxwell,

Mayor of Round Rock, TX

7:30 pm, Fri., Dec. 16th

Turk Pipkin,

Actor

2:00 pm Sat., Dec. 17th

Sarah Butler,

Philanthropist and Civic Leader

7:30 pm, Sat., Dec. 17th

Will Wynn,

Mayor of Austin

2:00 pm, Sun., Dec 18th

Tom Meredith,

Philanthropist and Civic Leader

7:30 pm, Tues., Dec. 20th

Marcia Ball,

Singer / Songwriter

7:30 pm, Wed., Dec. 21st

Karen Kuykendall,

Actress / Singer

7:30 pm, Thurs., Dec. 22nd

Sandy from JB & Sandy Show

Mix 94.7 FM

2:00 pm, Fri., Dec. 23rd

Melissa Gale,

KVUE Daybreak and Midday anchor

Lovely photographs, amitava. Of what appears to be a lovely and quite traditional (in the best sense) production.

The picture book characters stand out against the dark background. Was that part of the production, or arranged at that performance primarily for the photography? I'm sorry about the winter weather cutting into Act II. Who were the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier?

Lovely photographs, amitava.  Of what appears to be a lovely and quite traditional (in the best sense) production.

The picture book characters stand out against the dark background. Was that part of the production, or arranged at that performance primarily for the photography?  I'm sorry about the winter weather cutting into Act II.  Who were the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier?

Thank you Bart. The contrast between the background and dancers was not specially set up for me. The difference in lighting (by Toni Tucci) just gives the impression that the background is dark in Act I. There are pros and cons to it. Act II has the background more lit, and in my impression more distracting. This was a standard Dress rehearsal - with no special accomodations for photgraphy.

To be honest I am not familiar with the names of the characters and the names of the dances. However, if it is the last set of dancers in Act II, they are Margot Brown and Jim Stein. I will get the credits from the production manager and post them in the gallery.

Happy Holidays.