This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Nutcrackering

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Paquita

Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:37 PM

Kudelka's version for the NBoC is having its 10th anniversary this year. I don't think I will be seeing it again this year though. I'm not particularly fond of his version- the skating bears and dancing horse get old after a few viewings (or just one...).
This year I will be seeing the Canadian Ballet Theatre's version (formerly known as the Academy of Ballet and Jazz). The guest dancers this year are Svetlana Lunkina and Ruslan Skvortsov from the Bolshoi, and Veronika Part (presumably the snow queen?).

Here's a link for anyone who's interested:
CBT Nutcracker

#17 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:23 PM

Amitava -- I was just reading your posts about wanting to see a production of Nutcracker where you aren't behind the camera. Since I see you're in Austin, you might be willing to consider popping down to San Antonio to catch Ballet San Antonio's Nut this weekend (Dec 15 - 18). We're always looking for good action photographers. This year is spoken for, but if you'll PM me I'll tell you how to find me at the performances and leave me one of your cards. My DD's fellow dancers at Ballet San Antonio love coming up to Ballet Austin and taking the open class when they're not rehearsing.

#18 amitava

amitava

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

Amitava -- I was just reading your posts about wanting to see a production of Nutcracker where you aren't behind the camera.  Since I see you're in Austin, you might be willing to consider popping down to San Antonio to catch Ballet San Antonio's Nut this weekend (Dec 15 - 18).  We're always looking for good action photographers.  This year is spoken for, but if you'll PM me I'll tell you how to find me at the performances and leave me one of your cards.  My DD's fellow dancers at Ballet San Antonio love coming up to Ballet Austin and taking the open class when they're not rehearsing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello,

I tried to PM you and it looks like you may not be set up to get PMs. Please feel free to visit my web site (see signature below), where you can find my email at the bottom of my bio. I am not sure about the policy of posting emails. Therefore I am not doing so.

Please write.

#19 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:28 PM

I am not sure about the policy of posting emails.  Therefore I am not doing so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Members below age 18 may not post their e-mails, but anyone else may -- at their own risk. Remember, our readership is not confined to our membership.

#20 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

carbro -- I'm having trouble with using multiple systems and registration. Apologise for the post. Just trying to figure this out.

I am not sure about the policy of posting emails.  Therefore I am not doing so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Members below age 18 may not post their e-mails, but anyone else may -- at their own risk. Remember, our readership is not confined to our membership.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#21 greyhound

greyhound

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

The Nutcracker presented by Abigail Francisco and accompanied by the annapolis symphony orchestra was the last performance. After 14 years Abigail francisco is letting the nutcracker rest. Sascha Radetsky as the Cavalier and Stephanie Walz as the Sugar Plum Fairy. The two gave amazing performances. We are so lucky to have Abigail francisco in our small town. She has brought people to the ballet who would otherwise never had thought of attending. She spares nothing, some of the shows have rivaled the kennedy center performances. This all takes place in a rural community just south of washington, D.C. I can't wait to see what she will do next and the professional dancers she will bring here.

Nutcracker story in the Bay Weekly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):