This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

VI Int'l Ballet Festival-Mariinsky

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

Let's just hope that the very thought of Cygnet's "But then again, I just can't help thinking they may just slip someone like..." and Natalia's "Same first name as...."
removes the threat of such a tactic ACTUALLY happening.

Thanks everyone for the useful cast information!

#17 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

Would Alina Cojocaru have a website with performances to come posted ?

Mireille... Wishing very hard!

#18 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

Johann Kobborg, her partner, has a website. He lists his schedule (which closely follows Alina's of course) and you can also ask him questions in the message board of the section. People ask him for Alina's schedule and whatnot, and he usually responds pretty quickly. It was from his message board that we learned that the Giselles are going to be filmed. He also talks about stuff like where he and Alina went for Christmas (Romania) and how their performances went. It sounds like he and Alina have a great relationship, on and offstage. It's very sweet, and I think it's great of him to keep in touch with his fans that way.

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:05 AM

That's a great idea, canbelto! Actually, I am curious as to why Johann won't be appearing in St Petersburg along with Alina, as they've always done so together in the past. Perhaps he will join her for the final gala? One can only ask.

#20 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:08 AM

Perhaps he will join her for the final gala? One can only ask.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right Natalia.
Kobborg's website lists the Mariinsky gala of Mar. 26th on his performing schedule.

#21 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

Thank you Canbelto! I posted the questions and will let you know the results...

Mireille

#22 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

I also asked him whether the Cinderella telecast would be released on DVD and he posted on his message board that no, it would not be released :thanks: On the other hand his postings on the message board indicate that the Giselle *will* be released. Let's keep our fingers crossed. You can ask him questions by going here.

#23 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

Would Alina Cojocaru have a website with performances to come posted ?

Mireille, I searched for a Cojocaru website after your suggestion but couldn't find one.
I owe thanks to canbelto for providing Kobborg's site, which was very helpful.

#24 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

Got an answer from Johan Kobborg! :D They still have not decided on what they will be performing at the Gala (he shall post it on his site when they do)... but she is definitely scheduled to perform the Sleeping Beauty :yahoo:

He mentioned having declined due to having another Beauty scheduled in UK shortly after.

Now let's hope the plan does not get changed!

:thanks: canbelto!

Mireille

#25 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:24 AM

For those who will be attending the Festival, the acrobatic Swan Lake will be shown in St-Petersburg... the same nights as the Tsiskaridze and Zelenski galas:

http://www.aktivist....cles/a20691.asp

#26 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

Here's a bit more on the casting of Ondine.

Earlier, I reported as follows:

March 16 (premiere) - Vishneva as Ondine & Kolb as Matteo

March 17 - Obraztsova as Ondine & Sarafanov as Matteo

Mariinka.com site now reports a 3rd pairing of principals rehearsing the two leading roles:
Ondine - Olesya Novikova
Matteo - Andrei Merkuriev

Also, the two ladies being rehearsed in the role of Giannina are Yana Serebriakova and Ekaterina Osmolkina.

#27 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:22 AM

I'm overjoyed to see that Zhanna Ayupova is participating in the Makarova Gala--March 26, the closing night of the VI Intern'l Ballet Festival at the Mariinsky. What a treat.

Sixteen participants, including Makarova, are now listed on the Mariinsky website.

#28 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

I'm overjoyed to see that Zhanna Ayupova is participating in the Makarova Gala--March 26, the closing night of the VI Intern'l Ballet Festival at the Mariinsky. What a treat.

Sixteen participants, including Makarova, are now listed on the Mariinsky website.

ZHANNA IS BACK?!! HALLELUJAH!! :flowers: :flowers:

#29 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

:flowers:
-->The Link!

#30 Mireille

Mireille

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:23 AM

:clapping: Vishneva took out Ondine from her performances as she is sick. Would anyone know who will be performing the premier on the 16th?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):