This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BI closes doors

amitava

Well guys,

It's true. All I can say is thank you for the continued support. I can not say much because I do not want rumors to start, but I can say we are working on something. The company dancers are upset, yes, but our creative wheels are always turning and you have not seen the last of us.

I had my debut performance of Giselle here four seasons ago, toured China, Taiwan, Montreal, NYC, and the rest of this great nation, but it was all stopped today. I do not want to get into details because I am not sure what I can say legally. But I do want to say, keep praying. And if you know anybody that can seriously help, send them my way at www.IanPoulis.com.

You can always contact me there. I have a MySpace account as well at, www.myspace.com/ianpoulis.

So keep the 27 dancers with dreams of sugar plums and Christmas cheer alive. We need all the support we can get. I hope to have some good news for you soon!

~Ian~

Ballet Internationale is a bright star on the Midwest ballet scene. I've seen them several times and was thrilled in the direction they were going. We'll miss you! Good luck to all and hopefully we'll be seeing the company members soon happy and dancing! :beg:

Well everyone,

It has been a crazy 24 hours so far and I still don’t know what to expect. Ballet Internationale (BI) as well as the Academy have shut its doors due to financial reasons. It was without warning and we the dancers were without any knowledge of how we could possibly help the situation. As for my status here in Indianapolis, well it is up in the air at the moment. I do not want to make any promises of where I will be because the dancers and directors are working on something that we may do independently. If you have any help that you can provide us with, meaning financially or know of anybody that can just help the situation, please let me know. But as of yesterday at 5pm, Ballet Internationale is no more.

Here is a link that might help explain what is going on a little better: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...5/ENTERTAINMENT

So I do not want to say any specifics at this time as I do not want to start rumors or regret saying certain things. What I will say is that I thank each and every one of you for your support whether or not you have come to the ballet or not. Even if in some small minute way you said “hey how you doing” to me at one point, it let me know I had people that care about what I do and the sacrifices I made. BI gave me my first 4 seasons as a professional dancer for which I am grateful. But it seems now that the physical and metaphorical doors have closed on us and it is time to move on.

So again, if you or anyone you know can help in any small or huge way, contact me immediately!!!

Love and Later,

~Ian Poulis~

www.ianpoulis.com

www.myspace.com/ianpoulis

Woudn't it be wonderful if the company -- or a substantial portion of it -- can survive as a unit. And if the school reopens quickly, too.

I don't know the Indianapolis situation, but I hope that local and/or regional patrons are getting it together right now to marshall their efforts, connections, and $$ to keep this wonderful creative resource in their community.

I know there are good things ahead for these artists, at their Indianapolis base or elsewhere. And I hope that everyone on BT will take a close look at stinger784's website, especially the delightful photo galleries. Really impressive!

Here's the LINK:

www.ianpoulis.com

(Edited to correct spelling of website name)

Hi Guys,

Umm...What can say I other than that the Exec Dir. and Mr. Aliev are working to get money to start a new company. That is the only news I have as of now. Butler University has offered there studio space for us to keep in shape and hopefully a place to soon be rehearsing The Nutcracker.

That is all I have for now.

~Ian~

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the extremely long overdue update but trying to get things together and to pack and unpack all my stuff and to start in a new city takes some time.

I just signed with Ballet Met a little over a week ago and I make my debut with them this Friday in Gerard Charles' The Nutcracker.

I want to thank everyone for your continued support! Some other dancers have signed with other major companies as well and if you look at my website, you can see the link in my "clippings" section.

Talk to everyone later!

~Ian~

www.ianpoulis.com