This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pierrot LunaireHave you seen it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:38 AM

Bart started a thread about Pierrot Lunaire, in which I posted my opening-night thoughts:
Pierrot Lunaire/Tetley thread

I unfortunately am unable to see the second cast - Bonelli/Galeazzi/Watson, and was wondering if anyone else here has seen it?

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

I caught it on Thursday night, Ami; I missed it on Wednesday in preference of taking a cab to Sadlers Wells and seeing Checkmate and Lady and the Fool again.

I admit to finding the ballet itself rough going, but the cast was fine - I would guess that Nureyev had more charisma than Bonelli in the role, but Bonelli keeps getting better as a performer to me on every visit. In his green unitard and black eye-mask, Edward Watson looked for all the world like The Riddler.

#3 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

Thanks Leigh, for your thoughts. I agree with you about Bonelli, he's finally moving beyond being a Prince all the time, and I do think he's gaining in the details of some of his technique. It's nice to see!

I agree with you about the costume for Brighella - how did Ed dance it? With the costume and his over-the-top villain acting, Carlos Acosta could have jumped straight out of a comic book! Very different from the soul-exposing interpretations of Putrov and Chapman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):