This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pierrot LunaireHave you seen it?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:38 AM

Bart started a thread about Pierrot Lunaire, in which I posted my opening-night thoughts:
Pierrot Lunaire/Tetley thread

I unfortunately am unable to see the second cast - Bonelli/Galeazzi/Watson, and was wondering if anyone else here has seen it?

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

I caught it on Thursday night, Ami; I missed it on Wednesday in preference of taking a cab to Sadlers Wells and seeing Checkmate and Lady and the Fool again.

I admit to finding the ballet itself rough going, but the cast was fine - I would guess that Nureyev had more charisma than Bonelli in the role, but Bonelli keeps getting better as a performer to me on every visit. In his green unitard and black eye-mask, Edward Watson looked for all the world like The Riddler.

#3 ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

Thanks Leigh, for your thoughts. I agree with you about Bonelli, he's finally moving beyond being a Prince all the time, and I do think he's gaining in the details of some of his technique. It's nice to see!

I agree with you about the costume for Brighella - how did Ed dance it? With the costume and his over-the-top villain acting, Carlos Acosta could have jumped straight out of a comic book! Very different from the soul-exposing interpretations of Putrov and Chapman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):