This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Tamara Rojo as Marguerite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

Rojo made her debut in Ashton's Marguerite & Armand last night - only the third person ever to dance the role. It was a long-awaited occasion and in my eyes she had a triumphant success - not only giving a richly detailed and very moving performance herself, but also (with the help of Federico Bonelli as Armand) giving us back a ballet which had become nothing but a background for Sylvie Guillem's tour de force. I saw Fonteyn and Nureyev but not till the 1970s and I think I can truly say that last night's performance was the most moving I've ever seen.

#2 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:12 PM

I could not agree with you more Jane. Last night was the first time that I actually enjoyed M&A, and indeed was moved by it.

#3 sylvia

sylvia

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:44 PM

And I would add my agreement too to both Ami and Jane's posts, Rojo and Bonelli were deeply moving and brought beauty and passion to the ballet that I had not seen previously. They truely made the choreography and especially the music come alive for me.

I do think Tamara brings out the very best in her partners - I would love to see her dance with Federico again. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):