This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Recent Kirov history questions

does anyone know who danced Desire opposite Diana Vishneva's Aurora.

similarly, has a woman danced Carabosse in this Vikharev staging, and if so which dancer?

i think a woman danced Carabosse in a performance led by Vishneva and partner.

thanks in advance.

Robert, in the premiere of Vikharev's staging of "Beauty" Diana Vishneva danced opposite Andrian Fadeyev's Désiré. I've also seen her dance it with Igor Kolb and Igor Zelensky.

As far as Carabosse goes, I've only seen it danced by men (Islom Baimuradov in the premiere, Igor Petrov) which doesn't mean of course it was never danced by a woman :) .

thanks v. much, M.

this helps sort things out a bit.

i suspect if you're unaware of a female interpreter of Carabosse in vikharev's staging there likely wasn't one.

is petrov smaller/thinner than baimuradov, who is the only interpreter i know from first hand experience?

i don't suppose the kirov/maryinsky archives it's various cast lists.

thanks v. much, M.

this helps sort things out a bit.

i suspect if you're unaware of a female interpreter of Carabosse in vikharev's staging there likely wasn't one.

is petrov smaller/thinner than baimuradov, who is the only interpreter i know from first hand experience?

i don't suppose the kirov/maryinsky archives it's various cast lists.

The only woman as far as I know who danced Carabosse in recent years was Yelena Sherstnyeva (and brilliantly so!) - but that was in the K. Sergeyev "Sleeping Beauty".

Petrov is I would say rather similar to, if perhaps somewhat smaller than Baimuradov.